Preference on dies

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a Forster and Redding fan for rifles. Lee carbide for pistol. I like the Redding S .

mahnster

FNG
Redding type S or Forster is my preference. Have also used standard RCBS and Hornady with decent luck.

manitou1

WKR
In all honesty any of the Lee, Redding and RCBS dies I use are capable of loading ammo that will shoot inside .3-.5" groups.

WyoHuntr

FNG
When the cartridge allows, i use two different brands. I have really been impressed with the Whidden click-adjustable sizing dies. RCBS Matchmaster seating dies are mostly what I use, now (I like the bullet feed window).

kjw

WKR
I’m a big fan of the Forster dies. You send the sizer in with a fired case and they will custom hone it for you. All the upper end dies are worth it to me. Rcbs match, Redding type s. Ive never regretted buying them and have always seen improvements

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
I've had superb luck with Redding, Lee, and Hornady. I will die on the hill saying RCBS dies are garbage. GARBAGE. Two different rifle die sets neck tension was so loose after sizing you could turn the bullet in the neck after seating. I also had trouble with the pistol set in 50 ae. It didn't size the case nearly enough for bullet tension, so even after taper crimping gobs of unburnt h110 were coming out of my desert eagle.

Redding Premium Deluxe 3 die sets are my preference (centerfire rifles at .4 - .75 moa accuracy). Tempted to try the Type S bushing series, but I'm not convinced it would be worth the money for what I do (reloading for hunting at average to moderate distance).

Whidden, Redding, and then the others IMO. Little experience with Forster aside from a FL 6x47L sizer. Never been a fan of Lee but certainly capable.