Preference Point Question (Colorado)

Njtaxi

FNG
Hello. Since I now have a preference point for Colorado, I was just wondering how it helps me for next year's lottery. Does your name get entered into the lottery as many times as you have points (ex: 1 point = 2 chances, 2 pts = 3 chances, etc).?

Hello. Since I now have a preference point for Colorado, I was just wondering how it helps me for next year's lottery. Does your name get entered into the lottery as many times as you have points (ex: 1 point = 2 chances, 2 pts = 3 chances, etc).?
So what you're describing would be more of a bonus point system... Preference point system is basically whoever has the most preference points will get that Particular tag for example X unit in colorado if you apply for that unit and you have 10 points and everyone else that applies for the same unit has between 5 -7 points,you are guaranteed that tag because you have the most points Out of everyone that's applying.More preference points do not give you more chances Where as I believe a bonus point system Gives you more raffle tickets so to speak.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Colorado is not a lottery. Who ever has the most points gets the tag. If there’s 50 tags and 50 applicants have 1 point more than you, you don’t get the tag.

OP
N

Njtaxi

FNG
Got it! Thanks for the easy explanation. Now I know why people put in for preference points every year, and can understand point creep more easily.