Preference Point Questions and help needed

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys most of the out of state hunting my dad and I have done we’re OTC in Colorado and Idaho but last year we recently decided to start playing the point game and lottery system. We bought points in Wyoming and got the special elk tag and drew what normally takes a couple years our first application and we’re hubting this October with that license. We also bought a non resident big game combo preference point in Montana last year and this year as well. I was wondering what bonus points I should get in Montana the deer permit bonus point (25$) and the elk permit bonus point (25$)? Also what other states should I apply in? I was thinking Colorado for mule deer. Also Nevada for elk and mule deer. Idaho for mule deer was one I was thinking about. I also want to start trying to build up points for antelope in Wyoming, New Mexico and Arizona but I know Arizona and New Mexico is a different system from preference. Any insight and suggestions you can give me regarding getting into the points game would be greatly appreciated. Also I bought my Montana points last year but didn’t apply do you lose your points if you don’t apply? Thanks

OP
C

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
And the 0420 at the end of my name is my birthday I’m not a dope smoker and you guys always give me a hard time because of it

On Montana:

My understanding is the preference points for NR Elk & Deer Combo license is a max of 2, and you could only use a pref point purchased this year 2019, and then another one next year with your application (2020) for a max of 2. On the bonus points for Montana, they would not expire until you pull a Limited Entry tag.

New Mexico - no bonus or pref pts....everyone has the same odds
Idaho - no bonus or pref pts....everyone has the same odds
Arizona - bonus
Utah - bonus
Nevada - bonus
Washington - bonus
Oregon - pref
Colorado - pref
Wyoming - pref