Preferred Barrel Blanks Insight?

Volsjip

FNG
New here. Do you have a number or email to get in touch with you? Don’t have capabilities her eyes apparently.

Thanks JP.

Unckebob

WKR
Before mounting up my barrel to my action, I decided to run a wet patch through it to clean out anything left by the chambering process. The patch came out completely clean.

Last edited:
just to follow up here..preferred looked at the barrel and chamber and found it all to be in spec. One of the barrel makers called me and we talked quite a bit about other potential issues. None of them were relevant but it was reassuring that they went to some effort to help work it out. They sent the barrel back to me and nothing had changed. Still getting pressure at 2850-2900fps. I decided to just shoot it some more and hope it sped up enough to be useful. Lo and behold the damn thing sped up 300fps over the next 40 rounds!! No changes to reloading process or anything like that.

I can’t explain why or how…but now the barrel is hammering. One of the more accurate barrels I’ve had and I am getting the full speed potential I hoped for (pressuring up at 3150fps or so with RL26). For now I will continue using these guys especially because they have a great selection of reamers for 25cal stuff.
What stock did you end up running your 25-284 in? I’m looking at building one and I want to see what options are available. Also what is your COAL? If you don’t mind me asking.

What stock did you end up running your 25-284 in? I’m looking at building one and I want to see what options are available. Also what is your COAL? If you don’t mind me asking.
I have since moved on from the 25-284 but with the blackjack reamer and long action mags, I could easily reach the lands within the magazine length restrictions. That rifle was in an alterra carbon hunter