Preferred methods of bear / Rodent protection from food bag

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
Curious to see what the different types of methods are for keeping bear and rodents from foraging my food bag during the night. I mostly pack back hunt for elk in CO and Idaho and typically carry my food bag in my pack during the day's hunt even if I return to a campsite from the previous night. I have tried the PCT method but have struggled at times to find an acceptable tree branch. Anyone have a preferred method that works for them? Anyone tried the kevlar bags?

Clarence

WKR
Following. Had mouse get into a dry bag of food hanging this summer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
It doesn't matter. The little bastards still climb on my face as I try to sleep. I can go a long time without chow, but I need sleep bad.

mlgc20

WKR
I triple bag my food and similar items (toothpaste, chapstick, etc.). I have each days food portioned into gallon freezer bags. Then all of that is in my Sea to Summit waterproof food bag. Then that is inside another Sea to Summit waterproof bag. Then I hang the bag.

if you are really concerned about rodents, there are numerous companies that make metal mesh bags for food storage that are mouse proof.

It stays in the tent with me. Only time I'd hang stuff in a tree or away from me is in big bear country and Colorado is void of those.