Preferred sidearm for hunting and or camping/hiking

Curoso

FNG
I guess I’m on the rare spectrum to this and just carry my EDC which is a 18+1 9mm. I have some defender ammo in it but it weighs half of what my 1911 does.

In the field in Colorado a Walther PPQ in 40 cal with night sights. Alternating FMJ Solids and Hollow Points in the Magazine. Actually more concerned about two legged varmints.

I normally carry a 9mm when hunting in Michigan or Colorado. I did pick up a 10mm Glock for future plans of an Alaska hunt.

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
Anything 10mm, my favorite is my all around favorite Glock 40 10mm with a 7.5” threaded barrel. In NY any pistol with a barrel length less than 8” has no capacity limit for hunting. 8+ inches your restricted to 6, so I’d have to plug a perfectly good magazine to 5 rounds (+1 in the chamber). Love the G40 backwoods carry it in a Hill People Gear Recon when need to be discreet or have to carry a pack. If not a vertical carry shoulder holster, too long for horizontal carry and I don’t trust them- I had a G20 snag while climbing a tree stand. Step popped the strap and the pistol fell out and managed to hit every step on the way down. Pucker factor fun watching a loaded pistol bounce down while the muzzle seems flag every important part of your anatomy! Vertical or cross chest for me thanks.D759A928-D304-4345-9F97-FF4D2747F548.jpeg
My baby in her BBQ holster.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
Glock Model 20. Or sometimes if I'm feeling light and frisky I'll carry my Glock model 23. The best ammo you can afford. But remember- just because you carry a pistol, that doesn't make you a pistollero.

Just like just because you carry a rifle, that doesn't make you a rifleman.

"It's not the arrow son.... it's the Indian."

rob86jeep

WKR
Around camp when weight is not an issue I love to wear my western tooled leather holster and my mirror finished stainless 357 Colt Python. A hunting Bud called a Pimp gun.
And hunting my CZ 32 just as a finishing gun, small light compact
Might want to look at the value of the Colt Pythons and pick another woods gun... I'm all about using gear instead of letting it sit in a safe, but Pythons have parts that are hand fitted and can't be mass reproduced.