Premier silicone-nylon tent options, e.g. Hilleberg alternatives

Bkdc

FNG
I consider Hilleberg to be the gold standard of bombproof and long lasting tents. I'm in the market for another tent so I'm asking for info. I'm not into Cuben, and so far, high quality silicone impregnated nylon seems to be the gold standard.

Are there any options other than Hilleberg and Fjallraven Keb (my other gold standard for bombproofness)? Weight is generally not an issue. I'm happy with a Hilleberg black or red series or the extra weight of the Fjallraven Keb tents. I'm probably about to pull the trigger on a Fjallraven Keb dome 3.

I am looking for multiple silicone coatings on both sides of the fly. No cheapout sil-nylon with an inner PU coating. Are there others on the market I do not know of?

Last edited:

prm

WKR
A bigger tent. Might meet criteria.

OP
B

Bkdc

FNG
Wow that is a bombproof looking tent. It actually looks exactly like a SlingFin Arctic 6 including the material specs and size down to the exact same price. I'm guessing they are built by the same manufacturer. That thing could handle an Alaskan hurricane.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Wow that is a bombproof looking tent. It actually looks exactly like a SlingFin Arctic 6 including the material specs and size down to the exact same price. I'm guessing they are built by the same manufacturer. That thing could handle an Alaskan hurricane.
Yes, the Stone Glacier tents are the same as the Slingfins. Just different colors.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Big Sky International and Kuiu both use sil-nylon and set up fly first, similar to Hilleberg’s. I know the Kuiu uses pu for part of the tent, but both the Mountainstar and Stormstar are fantastic designs that weigh, and cost, significantly less than a Hille if your concerned about weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk