Prep for wet season in AK

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Man it has been WET this summer and intro to fall.

Meat care challenges get real with wet and/or warm seasons. Just posted a Wilderness Meat Care video to give you an edge this season. In the meat care section:

Wapiti1

WKR
Larry,

Great video. I really like the charting and explanation of the why and how.

I suspect this is very eye opening for anyone that has never had to transport a large animal for several days before it sees processing and a freezer.

Jeremy

That was awesome Larry! For some reason I was expecting an old grey bearded guy haha!

I’ll be sending this video to my 2 hunting partners. We’ll be in the Bush in about a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I always appreciate your contributions LB, and I’m continually learning in life.

Right on about the possible wet season this year. It sure is starting out that way. Hopefully we will get some good high pressure/clear stretches, which will drop the temps in future weeks.

I’m heading into the field on the 11th for two weeks. BTW, my PR-49HD with be going into the field with me, as will my z-drag set-up...which I hope I don’t need again this year to pull a floating bull out of the lake! I only want to do that once!

VernAK

WKR
OOOOHHHH! Doc!

Moose in the water?...........not much fun there.

But yes....the rains continue and rivers and creeks are very high. I'll hunt cranes and geese the first few days but farmers can't get there barley and oats harvested so the birds don't have good feeding areas to land in.

Fall colors are coming on fast here.

peewee

FNG
Thanks for the video Larry. Great info for me as this will be my first wilderness hunt. I’ll be hunting with my cousin who’s been a AK resident Over 20 years. He sent me a text yesterday that said be prepared for wet and cold as leaves were already changing.

Great video! Just as well as all your others you’ve put out. Thanks to things I learned from you, was able to keep a moose for 10 days in the bush without any spoilage before we were able to get picked up!