Prescription glasses with binoculars

This depends on your prescription more than anything else. If you are just nearsighted and your two eyes are roughly similar then take them off to glass and the adjustments on the focus wheel will account for your RX. If you have astigmatism its will not be corrected this way and you won't see as well without your glasses. The diopter adjustment on the binoculars can be adjusted to account for any difference between the power of your two eyes. I'm an optometrist and I take off my glasses in binos and all day at work in the microscope but I have a simple RX and its equal in both eyes. Usually I wear contacts when I'm outside. If you want PM me the numbers on your prescription and I can help more
I struggle with this as well. I actually got a prescription for dailies for this very reason. Probably is, almost instantly my eyes become a desert snd get super dry, and things eventually start getting fuzzy because they get so dry. I’ve tried three different ones snd they all seem to dry my eyes out pretty good. Anything you could recommend for the dry eyes probables when wearing contacts?

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I struggle with this as well. I actually got a prescription for dailies for this very reason. Probably is, almost instantly my eyes become a desert snd get super dry, and things eventually start getting fuzzy because they get so dry. I’ve tried three different ones snd they all seem to dry my eyes out pretty good. Anything you could recommend for the dry eyes probables when wearing contacts?
This gets more difficult. Just the material contacts are made of tends to dry out your eyes and so do a lot of environmental factors like wind and dry climate. The other hard one is when we’re doing something like glassing that’s requires alot of focus we tend to stare and blink less often than normal. Blinking brings new tears across the front of your eye so when you blink less you also will get dryer eyes. The same thing happens when you read or use a computer. Stopping every so often and over exaggerating a few blinks really hard usually does help. The best place to start is with A change in material which you’ve done and then OTC artificial tears. You want something that is a plain lubricant with nothing in it for redness or allergies or anything like that. Refresh, systane, blink and Thera tears are all good brands that are pretty widely available. Use them as often as you feel like you need too when you’re out but prior to leaving I’d use them 2-3x a day for a few weeks before. Another one that really helps is a hot compress on your eyelids. There are oil glands there that produce an oil that is in your tears that can start to become deficient and the heat helps. You want something that stays hot like a rice bag or a microwaveable hot pack that will keep its heat for 10-15 minutes and damp is better. They also make eye masks for this but leading up to leaving try and do that a few times a week for that 10-15 min. Fish oil supplements long term can also help. There’s alot more that can be done too with prescription meds and in office treatments too but that’s a good starting point. Dry eye can be really frustrating. It can also be hard to treat, I see alot of it mostly due to the climate where I live. Most things are not actually “curing” it, it’s more of a management to keep you comfortable

BBob

WKR
Anything you could recommend for the dry eyes probables when wearing contacts?
I use GenTeal Tears gel right after I take the contact's out in the evening and when I get up in the morning before I put contacts in. That seems to give my eyes a good start on recovery and a good start to the day. Vision will be blurry for 10-15 minutes after using the gel. I use regular lubricating drops a couple of times during the day.

I use GenTeal Tears gel right after I take the contact's out in the evening and when I get up in the morning before I put contacts in. That seems to give my eyes a good start on recovery and a good start to the day. Vision will be blurry for 10-15 minutes after using the gel. I use regular lubricating drops a couple of times during the day.
See the Gel is something I was looking for, I forgot the name but I have heard great things about the Gel!
Thank you for this!

mcr-85

WKR
Daily contacts, how do y’all like them?
I second your comment about glasses! Either I wear them or contacts or don’t see the detail I need to see because of being near sighted.
Daily contacts are all I've used next to my glasses. I get a 2 packs of 90 with my insurance and that usually lasts me all year. I have saved them in a regular contact case and put solution on them. I can use them for about a week doing it that way.

I've had them tear before while wearing them. I keep 2 sets of them in the back pocket of my bino harness for those times. I can usually dig through my glove box in my truck or my dads truck or in my backpack and find another set if need be too. I tend to store extras in random places but they come in handy sometimes.

I can't put the damn things in my eye without a mirror either. My wife can just put them in her eye without blinking but I can't do it for the life of me. I remember a couple years ago I jumped a buck up across from me on a big steep hill. He took off and I laid down and shot him. I don't know if my eye dried out a little with the wind or I blinked funny but the dang contact on my shooting eye came out right after I shot. I had to put a new contact in and was laying out there on that hill using my phone screen as a mirror so I could see to go find my buck. The joys of bad eyes :)

Luckyrxc

FNG
Dude, we're all understanding friends here. Save the justifications for the wife. Come to think of it, maybe I should try that one 😁
Clearly, I'm doing it wrong. On the other hand, I'm fortunate in that I have teenage boys and it's been very convenient to outfit them while I buy new stuff for me. :)

BBob

WKR
So a follow up to this conversation and getting eyes checked. I have my eyes checked annually and my prescription hasn't really changed for 5-6 years but I hadn't talked to the doc specifically about which contacts to wear for about 5 years or longer. My lens was discontinued and I was running out so I needed something new. I had no idea they started offering a lens for astigmatism. Wow, doc got me fixed up better than before with 20-15 vision with the new contacts.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
They've made a lot of progress with contact lenses in the last 5-10 years. The daily disposable contacts these days are incredible and they really just keep getting better. The contact lens market is very competitive so these companies are always pushing the limits. You can fit basically any eye in a contact lens nowadays. Some require a specialty fit but a lot of the prescriptions that used to be unavailable within the commonly made power range have become that way recently