Press question

Tradchef

WKR
So I was gifted an RCBS Partner press from an old boss that passed away suddenly. I don’t know much about this particular press except a lot of guys I shoot with use them at the range or just for a second pistol press or something of the like. My father also just passed away over the holidays and I inherited his Weatherby Mark V custom collection and there are a few bigger magnums in the lot. I was curious to see if the partner press can load bigger magnums like a 300 weatherby or a 340 weatherby or if it can just handle standard cases? I have a normal rockchucker so I’m not worried about being able to do them but was more curious of the partner capabilities.

Scott

A382DWDZQ

WKR
RCBS says it’s “incredibly durable”. As long as the COAL fits and you lube the cases properly it should be ok, it should be fine. It’s got a 4” window so the 340 with 3.7 COAL should be fine. If you are trying to bump the shoulder down or you have a fat chamber and cases require excessive resizing, might not work as well as the chucker.

OP
Tradchef

Tradchef

WKR
Cool. Thanks guys. Ray porter I already have a bigger press. Just wasn’t really sure if this could do the bigger stuff as I couldn’t find anything really on it. I really appreciate the help guys !!

Scott

TaperPin

WKR
Sorry to hear about your pops - that’s a tough one.

The aluminum frame of the partner makes it a great press to take to the range when experimenting with seating depth, or even full reloading if the brass supply is short. I bid on two light weight presses, not expecting to get either, and ended up with both. On one it’s mounted next to the primary press, using a shorter than normal handle and it makes bullet seating more enjoyable than running a Rock Chucker handle through a full range of motion. The other I’ve made into a portable setup, and if a kid or grandkid eventually wants to start reloading they will end up with it on permanent loan.