Press

Will_m

WKR
Is there anything on the market between an ez green and the portable bow master type presses? I know Apple used to make an economy model, but I can’t find them anywhere. I don’t want to pay for the ez green if there’s something at a lower price point because it’s only one bow that may or may not be on it once or twice a year.

I have a bow master portable but would really like something that isn’t directly in the way of my strings and cables. Not looking to go the DIY route either.

OR Archer

WKR
EZ green is the best economical press there is. Otherwise you’re stuck with just the portable presses. Synum is the best portable one out in my opinion of the ones I’ve seen offered.

I would look for a used EZ Green. Short of that, the best prices are at www.fulcrumarchery.com.

I won mine in a give away before I knew how to work on my bow. I also have a Bow Master that I used twice before i had my LCA

I I’d now have 3 bows and can do 95% of what I need to. If I’d known how beneficial the EZ Green and knowing how to use it, I would have gladly paid for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
If you scour Archerytalk classifieds they pop up used. But you have to be quick on the trigger as they go fast. I got tired of missing out so I bit the bullet and bought one from Fulcrum Archery.

I used a BM a bunch but it doesn't work well for my new bow. Plus, it was just time to get the real deal.

There is a guy that sells a press on AT in the tools classifieds. Looks nice, was quite a bit cheaper than an Ez Green initially but the price is close now. Check it out, might be something for you.

SharpEnd

FNG
There is a guy that sells a press on AT in the tools classifieds. Looks nice, was quite a bit cheaper than an Ez Green initially but the price is close now. Check it out, might be something for you.

Man sorting through those threads from that seller is exhausting. Hard to tell what is what, what his rigs come with, etc, and as you noted, the price is now up there with the EZ Green. If it were a significant savings, probably worth it, but its not anymore.

I have an old Omni Press (bought years ago from AT) that works great for strings, cables, peeps, cams, but doesn't do well for limb swaps. In the market for a replacement, and after lots of reading, just may have to get the EZ Green, and then add on a draw board from Last Chance or ArcheryDesignz

I have a bowmaster thats come in handy a couple of times, but when i get another i'm pretty positive it is going to be the ez green, i can reliably find all sorts of people willing to help witb them

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Man sorting through those threads from that seller is exhausting. Hard to tell what is what, what his rigs come with, etc, and as you noted, the price is now up there with the EZ Green. If it were a significant savings, probably worth it, but its not anymore.

I have an old Omni Press (bought years ago from AT) that works great for strings, cables, peeps, cams, but doesn't do well for limb swaps. In the market for a replacement, and after lots of reading, just may have to get the EZ Green, and then add on a draw board from Last Chance or ArcheryDesignz
Wasn't aware of the Archery Dezign draw board, very nice. I have one using the Harbor Freight winch but it's bulky and won't fit with the new press mounted. The AD may be the ticket. Thanks for mentioning it.

SharpEnd

FNG
Wasn't aware of the Archery Dezign draw board, very nice. I have one using the Harbor Freight winch but it's bulky and won't fit with the new press mounted. The AD may be the ticket. Thanks for mentioning it.
It seems to be really well made and thought out, and I've read that he has even worked with some DIYers to make adapters to mount to their homemade press. Here's the link for anyone curious: https://www.archerydezign.com/our-products/bow-press-draw-board

I would look for a used EZ Green. Short of that, the best prices are at www.fulcrumarchery.com.

I won mine in a give away before I knew how to work on my bow. I also have a Bow Master that I used twice before i had my LCA

I I’d now have 3 bows and can do 95% of what I need to. If I’d known how beneficial the EZ Green and knowing how to use it, I would have gladly paid for one.

$390 and free shipping

87TT

WKR
I just made one for myself. Works just great on parallel and passed parallel bows. I had to make an adapter for the new Hoyt bow I got with the wider limbs on one end. I had a string break when I dry fired my Pro Defiant and it came apart. I inspected the limbs and all and was able to put the limbs back on just fine.

I replaced the chain with a heavy duty ratchet strap
IMG_7807.JPG

Last edited: