Pretty impressed with Lowa's boot repair/resole service

Finch

WKR
I bought my Lowa Tibets back in 2014 for my first elk hunt. They've been on 4 trips out west now but sadly haven't carried any meat out. However, they've seen plenty of deer, turkey, and bear blood here in VA. These were my only hunting boots and I have put them through the ringer over those years.

Debated back and forth about buying new ones or having them resoled. I went with the latter and shipped them to Lowa the 1st of February this year. I bought a cheap pair of Danner's to get me through while these were being reworked.

Well, they say to allow 12 weeks since they get shipped back to Germany and get reworked. Almost 12 weeks on the nose and I just received my boots back. They look awesome! I was worried that the aquaseal I used to try to mend the rind would cause them issues but I can't even tell. It's like a brand new pair of boots but they are already broken in to your feet. $125 isn't bad in my book for this service.

Old
20210118_133533.jpg
20210118_133604.jpg

20210118_133613.jpg

Reconditioned

20210510_210119.jpg20210510_210244.jpg20210510_210110.jpg

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
That is definitely worth the money relative to the replacement cost of a pair of boots. They did a heck of a job.

Rodéo

WKR
Did they send you a shipping label or did you have to pay for shipping to Germany?

SDHNTR

WKR
Wow! I had no idea this was possible with a glue down sole. How much do they charge? My Tibets look just like your before picture. They could use the help!

COPY OF MY EMAIL EXCHANGE.

IT WAS EASY. I SHIPPED THE BOOTS IN A USPS FLAT RATE BOX TO STAMFORD CT. THEY HANDLE IT FROM THERE.

Valerie Calfous <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 10:57:56 AM
To: Deleted
Subject: RE: Warranty claim from LOWA USA website

Thanks. Attached are two forms. The Return Authorization form which you should print out and return in the package with your boots. Also attached is the Credit Card form, please fill out and either email it (scan or picture) or fax it back to us. We cannot send your boots to Germany until we receive this form; we will not charge your credit card until the repaired boots come back to us.

Once your boots have come back from the factory they will be inspected for quality in our US warehouse and your card will then be charged for the listed amount. An email confirmation will be sent to you once your card has been charged and your repaired boots have been shipped.

Again this process take about 3-4 months factory time. Please make sure the CMxxxx number is in the return address to us, and please remove the insoles from your boots and the laces too.

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions

Valerie Calfous
Customer Service
Lowa Boots LLC
86 Viaduct Rd
Stamford, CT 06907
1-888-335-5692 ph
1-203-353-0116 ph
1-203-353-0311 fx
http://www.lowaboots.com
U.S. distributor of Lowa Boots

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
Did they send you a shipping label or did you have to pay for shipping to Germany?
@Conrad101st nailed it with his posts.

You ship to CT and your boots hitch a ride to Germany from there. So all in all, $125 for the resole job and $20 or less to ship to CT.

I can't recommend this service enough!

whaletail

FNG
Incredibly helpful post. My Tibets are in dire need of this service. Didn’t even know it existed and I was getting ready to pony up and by a new pair. I think I’ll go this route instead. Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trr15

WKR
I've got a pair of leather lined tibets I've had for 7-8 years that have gone through the ringer. Favorite boots I own. Didn't even know this was a service they offered (never thought about it). I'm definitely going to do this. Thanks for the heads up.