Preventing Knife Cuts in the Field

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
That is a crazy story! I have a couple of the cheap fish filet gloves and really like using one when doing fish for the grip as well as cut resistant. I think that just for the grip alone it would be a great help on quartering. My fish ones just get thrown in with my bleach/soap water when washing down my boat then leave hanging. No smell at all. They are very pourous, almost like a mesh. Clean and dry real easy. How do the other types compare to the mesh style for cleaning, drying and stinking?

CJF

WKR
Whats some affordable options?

I just ordered these after reading this thread.

CMF

WKR
They work great for cleaning fish. I've never considered them for game, but I've never had an incident cleaning deer either(yet, knock on wood). I don't think it's worth adding to a backpack but worth keeping in the truck. I'll definitely get the kids to start utilizing them as they start learning to skin.

Seems like quite a few of the stories I've heard from field cuts were arms, thighs, etc. when in an awkward position and a big slip up. Any confirmations on that?

GotDraw?

WKR
QUESTION-
For dressing game, does anyone have practical experience?:

Is it best to get cut resistant gloves with rubberized palms/fingers or gloves that do not have rubberized palms/fingers? Which has better grip on hide/meat?

JL