Preview of Rokslide review- Crispi Thor

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I just got a pair to test out. Check out the vid and I will be here if anyone has any questions.
I am hoping to get them out for some back pack cardio soon...
Crispi Thor GTX - YouTube

*CORRECTION*

The weight of the size 11 (44.5) is 2.9 lbs. Not 2.3 lbs as I stated in the video, My scale was in need of a re-calibration and it didn't become evident to me until later. Sorry about that!

Edit:

Review is complete. Check it out Crispi Thor GTX Review

Pic-1.jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Brendan

WKR
I have a set of these myself that I just barely started using... No real miles through them, but so far so good.

I went on one 3 mile hike in with about 65 lbs.
I found them to be ridiculously comfy out of the box. Pretty much no break in.
Not super stiff.
Very light.
Good grip crossing logs over creek crossings.
Just not a huge fan of the lacing system coming from my lowa tibets. Which is my only real gripe.
I found myself wearing these boots just to wear them. I can't say that about my tibets.
Overall so far so good!

Edit: I did have the L&S insoles off the bat. Never tried the stock ones.

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
Just not a huge fan of the lacing system coming from my lowa tibets. Which is my only real gripe.

Actually - now that you mention it, I noticed the same thing. The laces at the top of the foot, bottom of the leg at your ankle keep popping out and are harder to get where I want them before lacing up the top of the boot. I'm used to Scarpa which had a system that was very easy to progressively tighten without ever worrying about them coming loose. I suppose I'll get used to it - but that is one area they could improve.

Scarpa:

7020aef66ee827616bbcca509bcb7e3a.jpg

Crispi:

28f325158ca5987a007dce22d876193c.jpg

I'd bet if you took a pair of pliers and gave that first hook a little crimp it would hold the lace while you move up to the higher hooks. If you try it and it completely ruins the hook I take no responsibility

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
first day i had the thors i hiked 8 miles and feet felt great with the stock insoles. i will put my superfeet in and see if there is improvement. curious to see what everyone thinks of them

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'd bet if you took a pair of pliers and gave that first hook a little crimp it would hold the lace while you move up to the higher hooks. If you try it and it completely ruins the hook I take no responsibility

I read somewhere a guy had actually opened up that hook a little and it solved that issue. Makes the hook a little taller and not as easy for the lace to ride up over. The lacing system is the main thing holding me back from these. I tried on the Wyomings, the Dakotas, Summits, and Thors. They have my size in stock in Thors and Wyomings, the Dakotas are what I'm waiting on to get back in stock. Summits to me were the least comfy of them all on MY feet.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
So far my lace hooks have not showed any problems. The 'locking' hook seems to grab the lace pretty tight.
I'll know more soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what kind of outsole does it have? On some sites it shows Vibram other ones show Crispi.

I orders a pair this week in the green/black. Looking forward to trying them out.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I have not used either of those.
According to Crispi USA | Crispi Hunting Boots the Thor is lighter and stiffer. The Idaho and Wyoming have a rubber rand while the Thor is a polyurethane coated leather rand. I would imagine there are several other differences that I am not aware of..

How do they compare to the Idaho and Wyoming boots?

Last edited:
Got my Thors, they came with the non-vibram soles. Not digging the lacing system either. Other then that they fit pretty good, will get some weight on my back and put some miles on them this week.

boot_sole.jpgboot_sole.jpg

Brendan

WKR
My Thor's don't say Vibram anywhere on them - just the Crispi logo and a smaller logo I can't quite make out. Not sure that means they're not Vibram though?

Lacing could be better, but I'm figuring it out. I hadn't used these at all other than in the house, then threw them on and did 7 miles with a 40lb pack. Mostly flat with some up and down, trails, no elevation to speak of. Got a slight hotspot on one heel, otherwise they were great considering I haven't had hiking boots on with any regularity yet this year. I am really liking how tight the fit is around the ankle and leg, while retaining enough flexibility to be comfortable doing distance.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I am pretty sure your soles are Vibram even though there is no stamp on the sole. I am looking into it though. My soles look like your picture.

Got my Thors, they came with the non-vibram soles. Not digging the lacing system either. Other then that they fit pretty good, will get some weight on my back and put some miles on them this week.

View attachment 52770View attachment 52770

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
The soles on the Thor are still a Vibram sole with Crispi's name on it. They did this because Crispi designed the sole and Vibram built them. Vibram only stamps their logo on soles they design is my understanding.

mavmskyb8

FNG
I also bought a pair, and wore them around the house for 2 weeks. Had to ship them back, hate the lacing system, as mentioned many times above, and hated the tongue. I had to actually push down on the back of the boot with my heel, and then pull the boot up, over my heel.