Previous model Vortex Razor HD $750?

Looks like you can get the “2016” model Razor HD 16-48x65 for $750 on a few different sites, including Amazon right now. I hadn’t considered getting the old model until I realized it was a half pound lighter than the new one. $750 seems reasonable but I’m just wondering if they ever go cheaper than this or if there are any significant upgrades the new model has that would justify another ~$500.

I’m not in a huge hurry to grab one, will need something for next Fall, but I would pull the trigger if this is a rare deal. Anyone familiar with both models and the prices the old ones drop to?

Thanks!

I believe the gen 1 models that you are referring to are a better scope than they have out now. It is better designed and better built on top of being lighter as well. If you want one you probably shouldn't wait as it is my understanding that they are not making them anymore. Just make sure that's what you really want. If you are thinking you MAY want a scope from Swaro, Leica, etc. I urge you to save and wait. There are great deals on lightly used models of these if you look around. There is a straight model in the classifieds right now for $680. https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/vortex-razor-hd-16-48x65-spotting-scope.114018/#post-1098676 Thats a good deal.

golfbum

WKR
I bought one brand new from focuscamera on eBay for $530.00

I did have a 15% off eBay deal.

Keep an eye out and I would think a new one for $600 could be found

The older model that you're talking about (16-48x65) is lighter and has a dual focus knob so it's a little easier IMO to get exactly focused on an object. The newer ones are heavier but do have a larger FOV. No improvement in glass and in some cases I hear the newer ones are worse (Japan vs China perhaps). $750 new is a good deal but can probably be beat if you're patient. I don't think I've ever seen one listed for lower than $700 new. You might be able get a great deal like golfbum is talking about if you can find a cheap one and have a well timed discount code.