Price Check Rem model 7

Sgrog

Lil-Rokslider
I have an opportunity to buy a 20 year old Rem model 7, Lightweight SS, in 260rem. Never been hunted, sighted in, then put in safe. Been sitting in the safe for 20 years. Vari-x 3-9x33 Compact, Leupold scope. S&K bases and rings. What would be a fair price for the combo? How about for the rifle only? Opinions on the Model 7 welcome, too. Thanks.

N2TRKYS

WKR
You can buy a new one for a little over $600, so I would give more than about $400 for the rifle. I bought a brand new one in 7-08 last year and haven't had any issues with it, so don't be scared of the new ones.

Good luck.

I own three of the exact same rifle. I purchased the first new when Remington came out with the 260 offering. The only rifle I hunted with for 12 years. Purchased the other two used with scopes mounted. Both Nikon Pro Staffs. Paid $500 for one and $550 for the other. Purchased for the grandsons. This combo has been responsible for many Whitetail deaths. Longest kill was 315 yards in Montana. I have never altered any of these except to install a Timney trigger in the original one and painted the stock a flat earth color. Great rifle and caliber. Good luck on your purchase.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I went to a local gun shop to look at the new stainless steel model sevens when they reintroduced them. They had just taken in an old one like you are describing in 7mm08 and had not even put a price tag on it yet. I took a look at it, seen it really only needed cleaned up, and told them to give me a price. I got the gun for $400 and could not be happier. I feel I got a good deal on a great whitetail mountain rifle. The 260 is also a great caliber. If you can save a couple hundred dollars off of a new one, with or without scope, I'd recommend it. The scope is a good combo with that gun. Good luck.

260madman

WKR
I have 2 of these guns. Both shoot extremely well. One wears a Leupold 3-9 the other a Nikon Monarch 2-7. I’ll never get rid of them, even though they have a 9” twist. ;)