price difference of guided hunts in Alaska and BC

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
The past year I've been slowly researching different outfitters for a mt goat hunt I plan to do in 2016. It has become apparent there is an obvious price difference between hunts in Alaska and hunts in BC. The BC hunts generally costs 8,500-10,000, and the Alaska hunts average 10,500-12,000. Why the price difference? I can add on a deer, elk, bear, or moose to some hunts in BC and the cost would be the same as a goat hunt in Alaska.

I can't speak for BC but maybe the high price of goat hunting in Alaska has something to do with offsetting the high costs of getting the guides and all their gear up here from the lower 48, since that's where the majority of the guides come from.

OP
R

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
There may be some truth to that because the guides in far north BC (near Alaska) have higher prices, but I'm not sure if that would increase the price by $2500 for each hunt. I thought I would get more replies on this question, give it a few more days and see what happens...

Being a guide here in Alaska I can attest to the simple fact that everythings costs more up here. Labor costs, transportation, fuel, food, insurance, etc. etc. All these things add up to making a hunt cost more. If you've found a better deal somewhere else, go for it. I think those who do hunt goats here vs BC do so because they may be willing to pay more for the Alaska experience. But that may not matter to you or the BC experience might be just desirable to you.

Last edited: