Price no option, Best Muzzleloader?

Iceman82

FNG
paramount. 40 cal
Incredible muzzleloader.
Shoots 300 yds like no ones business

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
My state requires 50 cal to elk hunt with along as it does good 100 yard groups brand or money don't matter to much to me yes I own a Knight Ultralite my inlaws own CVA's we all kill elk every year with them ,prices from 300.00 to 780,00 ,My little brother harvested a 6 point bull with a old saddle gun [3030] bull scored 370 Imnaha unit 30 years ago traded a case of long necks for it .

Both .45 cal built on Zermatt/Bighorn TL3 actions.
Russell Garner @ Bad to the Bone Muzzleloader Las Cruces NM 800 yards all day long. 119grs BH 209 @ 2850
20210818_103947.jpg
SML Brux #17 TL3 prefit done by PVA
1400 yards 100grs H4895 @ 3100 300 gr XLD
20220115_180303.jpg

jwshunts

FNG
Ok guys, if money were no option, what's the best "long range" muzzleloader? (I'd also ask to keep it to production made muzzleloaders. Something that a person could buy online or in a store. Not something a gunsmith created as a special request or "one of a kind" muzzleloader.)

I've been here a while lurking in the background reading a lot about CVAs Muzzleloader going out to 300 yds. Remington had one that promoted 300 yds.

But I ran across Gunwerks Magnus a few yrs back, they claims in can go out to 500 yds! 😳😳 (granted it's $10k+)

I'm in IL and they just passed a law that now you can use straightwalled, single ahot cartridges after Jan. 1st for deer.

But I'd be lying if I didn't find a 500 yd muzzleloader something to dream about. Especially for elk out west. To be able to basically have rifle-like range during muzzleloader season, and not have to worry about the normal rifle crowd. Or to be able to touch a deer at 500 in my home state of IL.

So, if price were no option, what muzzleloader would you get to go long range?
I own a Paramount 40 cal, shoots great out to 300 (maybe more, just haven't had too) My only regret is I didn't get a 50 cal. The 40 cal isn't legal for elk in Colorado.

Rich M

WKR
Pay attention to the states trying to get scopes off MLs. Lotsa whiners yaping for rule changes to eliminate the 300-500 yd MLs.

if you get one, use it and be able to convert it to iron sights later on.

Sudsy

FNG
If I could have any muzzleloader I wanted, price be damned, it would be an original Herschel House Kentucky flinter. Rifled, .54 cal, iron mounted with silver embellishments.

Sudsy

FNG
Wait, I take that back, there's a .50 cal flintlock in the museum room at Chambers Rifles in Ashville NC that is the most amazing piece of functional art I've ever seen (and fits me like it was made for me), Tiny roses inletted on the barrel with yellow gold leaves and rose gold roses. The engraving is beyond anything I could ever aspire to.
A true artist - who's name completely escapes me.

Ah wait, this thread is about inlines, lame uninspiring boring rifles that might as well be a regular cartridge rifles, that just don't shoot as well.

Stalker69

WKR
If you can shoot straight walled cartridges, buy a shilo sharps. Why mess with the rest, have loaded cartridges ready, for the second and third and forth shot. Far more “traditional “ also then the inlines. They have competitions out to a 1000 yards with them, the rifles capable, most shooters aren’t.

Stalker69

WKR
Wait, I take that back, there's a .50 cal flintlock in the museum room at Chambers Rifles in Ashville NC that is the most amazing piece of functional art I've ever seen (and fits me like it was made for me), Tiny roses inletted on the barrel with yellow gold leaves and rose gold roses. The engraving is beyond anything I could ever aspire to.
A true artist - who's name completely escapes me.

Ah wait, this thread is about inlines, lame uninspiring boring rifles that might as well be a regular cartridge rifles, that just don't shoot as well.
Yep, it’s a shame.