Price of reloading components

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everybody, longtime lurker first time poster.
I just bought a tikka roughtech in 6.5 prc, I have searched all over the internet for brass and bullets. I've been able to find some stuff in the classifieds and on GB but it just seems really expensive. $550 for 100 pieces of lapua brass and 200 berger 156 eol (on GB). Is this just the new price of things? Do I just accept it or do I try to wait it out? What do I do?

Ps. I don't even have a scope for this rifle yet.

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
Screw gun broker. Just about everyone on there is smoking crack with their prices, and trying to make money off of people in your situation who don't know what components should cost and what people are actually paying.

Wait it out and buy from reputable retailers. You'll likely pay 2-3x less than buying from the crooks over at GB.

Don't pay more than 45 bucks a pound for powder or 60 bucks for a brick of primers.

Brass is dependant on manufacturer. But check out starline for brass. They don't have much on hand, so you've got to be quick. Set up email notifications and be ready to jump on them the minute you get the email, stuff sells out fast... Then miraculously ends up on gb for a crack smoking premium...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
JREG19

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice nhyrum, I definitely feel the same sentiment towards Gun Broker. I don't want to be paranoid but I find myself wondering with this administration and the plandemic if it will get worse? You're right, I am new to reloading and have picked a great time to start. Do you ever back order items? I hate to give them my money and them earn interest on it only to cancel my order. I'll take you're advice and sign up to be emailed on in stock inventory.

Vern400

WKR
6.5 caught the whole industry by surprise It was tight before all the stupidity broke out. Be opportunistic and sign up for updates on inventory and in a while you'll be up and running. I bought a new pistol caliber and just went through that. I've never shot a factory cartridge yet. But I have plenty I cooked myself. Couldn't get a single box of shells. Still have not seen any.

OP
JREG19

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for talking me off the ledge. Haha it's easy for me to be impulsive especially with a new gun I can't shoot. Thanks for the advice Vern400, I appreciate it.

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
I generally don't back order, but I don't mind them taking payment at time of order.

OP
JREG19

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
That's a good point, I haven't tried to back oder anything so I am ignorant to how most companies operate but I would be ok with that if they waited to take payment until my order was satisfied. Thanks for bringing that up, I didn't think about that.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everybody, longtime lurker first time poster.
I just bought a tikka roughtech in 6.5 prc, I have searched all over the internet for brass and bullets. I've been able to find some stuff in the classifieds and on GB but it just seems really expensive. $550 for 100 pieces of lapua brass and 200 berger 156 eol (on GB). Is this just the new price of things? Do I just accept it or do I try to wait it out? What do I do?

Ps. I don't even have a scope for this rifle yet.
6.5prc brass on shooters pro shop right now.

archp625

WKR
GB prices are insane on most items. I have been looking for some items and people are selling for what I consider normal. At the same time I think some of the prices we are seeing now are going to stick. I think primers for under $60 is a thing of the past. More like $70-90.

I haven’t seen 60$ primers in 18 months. I just paid 82 for primers from midway and with shipping and hazmat it was 110, got some from PV last month for just shy of 100 all in. Get on that discord reloading app it’s how I find everything, I got some 147 eldm’s for 41 a box last month and 210 bergers for 55.

OP
JREG19

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
Archp625, when you say you see people selling stuff for normal prices where are you seeing that? I was thinking prices might kind of stick because inflation is out of control right now. Thanks for your insight!

OP
JREG19

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
Don Qui Puncher, thanks for your insight! Is the reloading app you're talking about on Discord? I tried searching Google play and just found an app called discord. Thanks for the help!

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
I think 80-100$ dollar primers are here to stay I don't like it at all but I guess it's better than no primers. Brownells Midway and Powder valley are all (reasonably) priced.

Stalker69

WKR
I’ve been waiting months months for powder and primers, yes I have my email on about every place possible.

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
I found a website/app called shootingbot.com. you can search ACTUAL in stock items and set notifications for a bunch of different places. I've used it successfully a number of times to find stuff for close to normal prices.

as long as people keep buying and hoarding a lot more than they need....and feeding the machine...supply will stay slim longer and prices wont be coming down anytime soon. its real simple people.....just buy only what you need. pass it on