Priceless...?

Remember the VISA commercials..."Priceless"? Well I am upgrading my backpacking setup and made the mistake of starting to add up the investment. So in VISA "Priceless" fashion I am curious what most guys have invested in their setup. What else is there to do on a Winters day?

So here are the rules. You Put your backpack on for an mountain hunt. You can include all your items from head to toe, including your pack with the contents. Flashlight and headlamps are fair game, but DO NOT include optics, weapons, or electronics (too many variables). So head to toe and whats on your back.

Your content here...

Your comment here..."Priceless"

Last edited:

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know if I am brave enough for this challenge...do I really want to know?!

Somebody else go first :)

BigSurArcher

Banned
I'll wait until a few more guys/gals have posted before I add mine up, might not hurt so bad that way.

I don't want to think what it will cost me per lb of wild game when I add up all the gear I buy to chase them down. We might see some grown men cry if we do this!

cb375hh

FNG
On my back zero, on my sherpa' s back quite alot.

Just kidding adding up your gear costs can be a depressing task especially when you go thru your stuff and realize you need to upgrade half your gear!!!!

littlebuf

Banned
no, no, no,........no. my wife knows what web sites i go on. i was actually thinking about this the other day, but with everything i have when walking in,weapon,optics,clothes ect.. once i got over a few grand and was still adding it up in my head i stopped....

OP
big10hunter
So know I see how you all afford this expensive gear. When it is a necessity, it does not require a price check! :)

tstowater

WKR
I think we played this game last summer and most people chickened out. First liar (too low of a number) doesn't have a chance. My recall is that optics can be the killer besides a custom firearm. I now plead the 5th.

Other than optics and gun, I bought everything else new last year. Just my KUIU bill (includes a pack) was north of $3000. When you start adding shelter, sleep setup, boots, etc., etc., it can add up really fast.

Last edited:

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Why not include your optics weapon and electronics? i wouldnt count them as varibles because i pretty much bring the same ones on every hunt

On my body usually
First light boxers $40
Attack pants $120
Smart wool socks $20
Lowa tibets $500
Kuiu 185 $90
Guide jacket $250

In my pack.
Timberline 2 with 2 small belt pockets and a grab it and lash kit $750
katadyn hiker pro, 32 oz nalgene, 5 L bladder $120
$150 give or take of mountain house cliff bars and gu chomps and other snacks.
Z poles $150
Kill kit (havalon game bags, etc) $100
Hygene kit $30
First aid kit ( drugs, banadages etc.) $30
Kuiu 250 top and bottom $200
Stika stormfront top and bottom $900
Smart wool socks x 2 $40
2 pairs of boxers $80
Spindrift $150
Spot messenger $200 ( $100 for spot $100 subscription)
Oregon 450 with BC back roads map book chip $450
Black Diamond Spot headlamp and cheapy back up $70
Rangefinder $350
Jet boil $80
Utensils and pot $ 40
Cpl canisters of fuels $20
Camera $250
Phone $400
Sleep system ( neo air, big agnes) $500
HIllberg 2 man $600
Binos and bino pounch $1000 if adding a spotter another $1750 plus $150 for a Tri-pod.
Weapon $1200

I dont have my gear list with me so thats all off the top of my head, sure im missing something but Thats pretty much it. SO about $6500 no including optics and gun. $10000ish including

I would assume i am probably right in the middle compared to most guys on here

Last edited:

Daniel_M

WKR
2013?
New pack- $650
New floor less shelter $700
New boots $379x2
New gators $79x2
Air taxis $2k x 2
Mountain rifle for the misses $1500

Knockin down 2 corked out rams with my hot wilderness chick....PRICELESS!

Dammit!