Prime Bow Tuning Help

BKhunter

WKR
Hey all,

I’m tuning my prime which was set up my a pro shop. Shooting a bare shaft through paper at about 5-6 ft I’m getting a bad tear which I can’t tell if it is nock high left or nock low right. I believe it is low right. The first three arrows shot are the far right three in the photo the furthest left is with 1 turn let off from the flex is bolt attached to the riser and the second from the left is with two turns off. The bolt was originally all the way cranked down. Not sure what the issue is here as this is my first go at tuning. Can anyone lend some ideas?
5e880e08b0286e7f43ee1925909a7ca1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
What prime bow?
Hey all,

I’m tuning my prime which was set up my a pro shop. Shooting a bare shaft through paper at about 5-6 ft I’m getting a bad tear which I can’t tell if it is nock high left or nock low right. I believe it is low right. The first three arrows shot are the far right three in the photo the furthest left is with 1 turn let off from the flex is bolt attached to the riser and the second from the left is with two turns off. The bolt was originally all the way cranked down. Not sure what the issue is here as this is my first go at tuning. Can anyone lend some ideas?
5e880e08b0286e7f43ee1925909a7ca1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
To get rid of a low tear I had to advance the top cam. There are a ton of good videos on tuning the centergy line. Check on YouTube. I had little to no success with the flexis. Once the bow is tuned you can fine tune with the flexis at long range.

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
If it's a low tear you are saying I should add a twist or two to the top cam cable? If it is a high tear should I do two to the lower cam? Sorry if this seems basic, this is the first time I am tuning a bow myself. Should I also fully tighten the flexis all the way as it was originally?

Ucsdryder

WKR

Start here. I can’t remember now which way I did it. I put the top cam sync marks ahead of “neutral” if I remember correctly. It was 3 years ago and I forgot! Haha