Prime Bows

TylerS105

FNG
What do you guys think about prime bows? I was thinking about purchasing a Prime Logic.

I have been shooting a centergy for 3 yrs. I like it, tunes nock high for me and probably isn’t the quietest show on the market but they hold and shoot well.

Yoke donuts can wear through the serving and they also have a pretty stiff draw, linear and smooth, but they feel a few lbs heavier then other new bows.

Northpark

WKR
I shoot my cyntergy well. Probably the most accurate bow I’ve ever had. I had a logic for about a year but I didn’t shoot it as well. The primes are a touch heavy in my opinion. I might look at a new bow this winter. Might be a newer prime but Mathews and Hoyt will also be on my list.

TheTone

WKR
I generally like my centergy. It holds on target really well and is stable. It does at times seem a bit grip sensitive.

CGW05

FNG
Went to the bow shop wanting an elite or Mathews; left with a CT3. Absolutely love my bow

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I held and Elite Kure and a Prime Nexus 2 in the bow shop the other day, the Prime is definitely lighter and feels better in my hand, BTW, I currently shoot and Elite, but when I buy a new bow there's a 99% chance it'll be a Prime.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
A friend picked up a Nexus 4 before this season and loves it. Smooth drawing, backwall is solid, and letoff feels unreal.

I'm still shooting a 2014 Quest Rogue, but will probably pick up a Prime when I'm ready to upgrade. Their customer service is top notch. I lost my draw stop while shooting this year and they sent me 2 new ones no questions asked.

lnewton

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently shooting a 2018 cenergy and it is great. Like other posts have stated, its a bit heavier but sure makes a steadier platform to shoot from. It is much better at longer distance 50+ yards than my previous bear assault.

TSimons9

FNG
I have a logic CT5 I purchased new in 2019. I have had great luck with the bow. It tuned easy and has stayed tuned through a string replacement and several thousand arrows. I also love the limb stop option because I like the feel of the solid back wall with no flex for pulling though shots. I would definitely recommend Prime bows.

I shoot a Prime Rival I bought new in 2016. Bought a second used one off AT a few years ago for a backup. Not using a stabilizer, just the BG slider sight, Tight Spot quiver and Ripcord arrow rest on mine. Not planning on replacing it....like the free strings every two years and the way it holds and shoots. Previous two bows were a Mathews and carbon Hoyt. Prime is more accurate in the field for me.

So far the Rival has accounted for 5 black bears, 3 Coues bucks, a Stone ram, a Dall ram, a muskox, a polar bear, a tule elk, a Mt caribou and a central Canada barren ground caribou.

Ive got an alloy that is 6 or 7 years old. Once I figured out the correct DL cam it has been a great bow. My setup is not light but it shoots really well out to long distances. I haven't found a reason to buy anything newer at this point. Oh, and I took the grip off and replaced with bat tape. I think they only used that grip for a few years it was so badly hated....lol..

Attachments

• Alloy.jpg
    Alloy.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 24
Started with an Alloy, moved to a Centergy and now with a Logic. All great bows that tune well and hold all day. The Centergy is a touch heavier feeling, but in my opinion the best Prime of the 3. Solid, well made bows...and I shot Hoyt before.

Shot a Mathews for a while. Been shooting the logic since it came out. Feels heavier, but holds level much easier. I have had to replace the string on par with their free strings for life replacement interval deal. I have a 30.5 inch draw and wish I had a longer ATA bow, but the logic works

Zac

WKR
I would definitely not go with anything older than the Black series. Mostly due to the rotating module.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I owned several Prime bows. Loved them all. Defy, Rival, Rize. Last one was the CT3, and it sucked. Would not tune, Prime recommended only limb driven rests, and softer than normal spine. Nothing made it shoot well. Sold it and went back to Matthews VXR. Prime screwed up a good thing with these new bows Imho