Prime Logic CT5...

PredatorX

WKR
I went with molded hood. Called Option Archery prior to purchase to get a better sense of the difference. Just didn’t see the value of the machined hood for the extra cost. If I ever change my mind or the molded hood “wears” out (Not sure how that will happen) I can always go purchase the machined hood independently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Followherarrow did a review on YouTube and it was one of the better reviews on it. She got me thinking about using the quivalizer to provide some bodily support when on your knees stalking. I noticed the aluminum has the stipling. She mentioned it would slip off rocks easily without any grip. You could always throw some rubber on it if it becomes an issue. Looks like the aluminum may be 1.5 ounces heavier. May be a little too much extra weight out front though depending on the setup.

PredatorX

WKR
Actually I think the molded hood is adjustable up and down the bar and has the 2 piece grabber. I think the machined version is the older model?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Actually I think the molded hood is adjustable up and down the bar and has the 2 piece grabber. I think the machined version is the older model?

Correct, the molded hood moves up and down the bar. I have it fully extended now and like the feel of it.

Machined version was the first go. Guy I spoke to on phone said almost all of them go out with Molded hoods.

Great build and setup. One day when i lay my vintage Bowtech 101st airborne to rest, i believe i'm going to give Prime a try. I run a tight spot as well, but also been really curious on the quiverlizer.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
Shot the CT5 two days ago, very nice bow, the one I shot was a bare bow with just a whisker biscuit, 10 yards Robin Hood it’s a sign, gotta have it

Attachments

• B3A5BC75-487A-44E6-B679-8F9BE858CF17.jpeg
    B3A5BC75-487A-44E6-B679-8F9BE858CF17.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 130

PredatorX

WKR
This mbg is a real nice sight. I just picked one up as well. Only have 2 complaints so far. I wish they would include a second yardage indicator and the adjustment wheel is not my favorite.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Any updates as to how she shoots?

It had been a super slow process. Not enough time to really devote right now. I dialed the poundage down three turns on each limb and have been blind bailing to get used to the feel. About 18 arrows a day. Right now I am one full turn off max. At the higher poundage the draw cycle is a little rough when the cams roll over. That is the only negative so far. The hold is amazing. Even at these short distances i can hold my pin on an arrow hole in my target with very little float. It is a big improvement from my last set-up. Just got the peep installed last night.

Time becomes more available in the coming weeks. Hope to put some arrows through chrono then.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I am looking to changing to Trophy taker Pro rest. You mentioned that you went to Hamskea. Do you not recommend Trophy taker?

I used the smack down pro on my last bow. Switched to the Hamskea for the micro adjustment. Because small changes in the rest lead to big changes in arrow flight I really wanted better adjustment.

The Trophy Taker worked well for me. The only issue I had was stripping the screw that holds the cord to the limb. I have multiple allen wrenches, but I always seemed to strip that out. Went through 3 of them in 3 years. Customer service was excellent and they shipped me out four of them when I contacted them about the first one.

I used the smack down pro on my last bow. Switched to the Hamskea for the micro adjustment. Because small changes in the rest lead to big changes in arrow flight I really wanted better adjustment.

The Trophy Taker worked well for me. The only issue I had was stripping the screw that holds the cord to the limb. I have multiple allen wrenches, but I always seemed to strip that out. Went through 3 of them in 3 years. Customer service was excellent and they shipped me out four of them when I contacted them about the first one.

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your insight.

Mine is a shooter. I got it on a wed and left for Arizona on that Friday. The group below is a
3 arrow group I shot at 94 yards when we were having lunch at camp. Two hours later I shot this buck at 74

dfce65a4778a6c9d8b298d5bd178d1d2.jpg

931d56e809bcbcfdf739dc0e9fe034a8.jpg

I picked up the CT5 Wednesday, I’ve shot in the basement a bunch and finally got outside today. No sight tape yet but trying to dial one in, I shot from 20-75 and this bow is super impressive. Definitely makes me look good that’s for sure, I haven’t shot past 20 since October just a lot of basement shooting all winter, this is my last group at 75. At the shop I ran it through the chrono 489 grain RIP TKO 30 inch draw at 288fps 71 lbs

Attachments

• C55D266D-BE76-4BB4-A27E-BE960378C01B.jpeg
    C55D266D-BE76-4BB4-A27E-BE960378C01B.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 77

I see the have a smack down pro with click adjustment.

PredatorX

WKR
First Prime but so far this CT5 is tuning out super easy. Need to take my bare shafts to distance but I too am really enjoying this bow.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a CT5 a few weeks ago and its definitely impressive. Speed numbers are impressive with heavier arrows which means its a very efficient cam system. I work on my own stuff and really like how this bow tunes, super easy. What I have learned though is you cannot level the string during set up, you need to level off the shelf to get your correct nocking point/height. Being that the cams are different sizes, this is crucial for initial set up. 7/8 for the center shot and 7/8 from the riser to the center of the shaft for height is where it sits. Nock height is about 1/8" high and I added a few twists to my upper cable to get it to bare shaft tune.

Zspires94

FNG
Does anyone have 80lb limbs that can comment on how the draw cycle feels and speed tests. I think I might be going over to Prime and never have had a chance to mess with one due to no shops being around.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Tied in my peep and re-tied in a new d-loop. Put bow back in vice and made sure everything was still level. Put some bare-shafts through paper @ 5 yards.

Started out nock low and adjusted rest vertically prior to being concerned with horizontal.

IMG_4567.jpg

Was looking pretty good outside that first shot on 4th group.

a3fc47a115efaaac58ef555a984b2713.jpg

Not sure why they heck I moved the rest...But I did.

IMG_4571.jpg

Moved it back....punched the release on first shot. Then looked ok on the next three.

IMG_4570.jpg

Shot a couple more groups...Outside my shitty shooting it was nice. Need to go read Jimmy Tippets shot sequence articles again, I guess.

Hope to get out to 10 & 15 later this week.