Prime Logic CT5...

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Does anyone have 80lb limbs that can comment on how the draw cycle feels and speed tests. I think I might be going over to Prime and never have had a chance to mess with one due to no shops being around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m shooting the #80. The cycle is really smooth. Tightens up when the cams turn over. As I shoot more and more the smoother it seems to feel.

I’m trying to acquired a chrono to get speeds, but haven’t got it done yet.

Everything I have seen the bow is very efficient with heavy arrows. That is what I am hoping for.

Brendan

WKR
Ok, I joined the club. Just had a chance to set it up last night, rough tune in the basement and take some measurements. Then, 15 minutes at the range on the way to work.

72 lbs
14.5 lbs holding weight
29" Draw (Haven't measured, feels right)
505 gr arrow at 275 fps (3-4 fps faster than my RX1 Ultra with the same arrow)

I have not messed with cam timing yet or draw stops.

Bare shafts good at 20, drifting right at 30, so have some tweaking to do

0490ab101f0e2d57cec8321016504e78.jpg
49596b4f187bf6e8f8edefa389b2e83f.jpg
e2207d89532300fadc2705da809d11ba.jpg

chasewright15

Lil-Rokslider
installed today. Really impressed
Does anyone have 80lb limbs that can comment on how the draw cycle feels and speed tests. I think I might be going over to Prime and never have had a chance to mess with one due to no shops being around.

I got my CT3 in 80. Bottomed out at 83. Felt pretty damn stiff towards the back end when cranked all the way down. Dropped it down to 78 and it was substancially nicer. Candidly, I couldnt believe it was 78 pounds at that point. I thought the shop tech was messing with me. Ended up leaving it at 76 for tuning purposes. 76 pounds, 30 inch draw, 536 GT Pierce Platinums, going 279-280FPS. Really happy with how it feels and performance.

PredatorX

WKR
Ok, I joined the club. Just had a chance to set it up last night, rough tune in the basement and take some measurements. Then, 15 minutes at the range on the way to work.

72 lbs
14.5 lbs holding weight
29" Draw (Haven't measured, feels right)
505 gr arrow at 275 fps (3-4 fps faster than my RX1 Ultra with the same arrow)

I have not messed with cam timing yet or draw stops.

Bare shafts good at 20, drifting right at 30, so have some tweaking to do

0490ab101f0e2d57cec8321016504e78.jpg
49596b4f187bf6e8f8edefa389b2e83f.jpg
e2207d89532300fadc2705da809d11ba.jpg
You dumped the quivalizer now too? Have been seeing some complaints on them in the wind but hasn't bothered me enough yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
You dumped the quivalizer now too? Have been seeing some complaints on them in the wind but hasn't bothered me enough yet.

I've never hunted with one, tested it a couple years ago but opted to stick with tight spot, front and rear bar.

With that said, I have a quivalizer I'm going to test again this summer.

The stabilizer I have on now was just to throw something on quickly.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Put my 3D arrows together yesterday and first three shots at 5 yards.

IMG_4603.jpg

Bow feels/sounds the same with the lighter arrows.

Did more groups and consistent. When it did tear, it was slightly nock left.

IMG_4604.jpg

Shot the bareshaft hunting arrow at 10 yards. Slightly nock left.

So far tuning has been pretty straight forward.

I recorded the sound of bow at 10 yards with my phone at target. Sounds about the same as all bows to me.

If I can figure out how to load an audio file on the thread I will try.

PredatorX

WKR
That's strange. I have the Trinity and the only hassle is getting the Allen wrench in without contacting the flex guard.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
That's strange. I have the Trinity and the only hassle is getting the Allen wrench in without contacting the flex guard.

I have that same problem with the Hamskea. It is annoying.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Got the first 6 hunting arrows through the chrono today....

Three shots for each arrow, no fletching yet, so a light lighter than final setup...18 shots total.

Avg weight: 517 grn
SD: .8454
High: 518.8
Low: 516.2
Spread: 2.6

Avg Speed: 275.17 fps
SD: 1.88
High: 280.7
Low: 272.9
ES: 7.8

61750f1ebf565b226d941b0872f6100c.jpg

Will get to the 3d arrows this week.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Ran the 3D arrows yesterday...

Lighter and faster. Had more variance on the speeds. The two arrows that ran the slowest, around 10 fps were only 1 gran heavier.

6 arrows and not fletching

Weight
Avg- 334.3
Std Dev.-61
High- 335
Low- 333.6

Speed
Avg- 340.53
Std Dev.- 4.7
High- 346.6
Low- 333.8

c760d5072a225ebb546677e9c4cda91c.jpg

PredatorX

WKR
How did the bow feel in hand after the shot when comparing the two weights?

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
No noticeable difference, but to be fair I’ll shot them back -to-back and report back.

Brendan

WKR
PSA for other CT5 shooters: My strings definitely settled some. Timing was off and poundage dropped from when I first set up the bow. After a couple hundred shots - make sure you re-check everything.

Also, after bumping poundage up to 72, setting timing, and backing off on the limb stops, my 29" CT5 is running at 29.5" measured.

Getting closer, but have to take some measurements to see where everything is shaking out...

Brendan

WKR
PSA for other CT5 shooters: My strings definitely settled some. Timing was off and poundage dropped from when I first set up the bow. After a couple hundred shots - make sure you re-check everything.

Also, after bumping poundage up to 72, setting timing, and backing off on the limb stops, my 29" CT5 is running at 29.5" measured.

Getting closer, but have to take some measurements to see where everything is shaking out...

Had a chance to chrono my 505 grain Easton Axis - 280 fps. Drop that to 480 grain using a 100 grain tip and I picked up 6-7 fps.

nphunter

WKR
I shot a prime shift for a couple years when they first came out and hated not being able to yoke tune the bow. I found the only way to get rid of a bareshaft hitting left of my fletched was to change my grip position and add inside thumb pressure to the inside of the riser. I thought overall the bow was decent and i killed a couple bulls with it but in the end i was happy to have a Hoyt back in my hand.

Seems maybe the new Primes are shooting a lot better than when they first came out, i know they have changed a lot. I may have to give them another shot some day?

Brendan

WKR
I shot a prime shift for a couple years when they first came out and hated not being able to yoke tune the bow. I found the only way to get rid of a bareshaft hitting left of my fletched was to change my grip position and add inside thumb pressure to the inside of the riser. I thought overall the bow was decent and i killed a couple bulls with it but in the end i was happy to have a Hoyt back in my hand.

Seems maybe the new Primes are shooting a lot better than when they first came out, i know they have changed a lot. I may have to give them another shot some day?

For bareshaft left / right you can adjust the flexis, you can move the rest, or you can fiddle with swapping limbs around. I've done all 3.

I've still found this bow to be particular to grip. Too far over onto the thumb pad towards the thumb with knuckles at a 45 degree angle, and I had a left tear / bare shaft right that wasn't going away. Move the grip back towards the lifeline a little with the knuckles a little more vertical and it shoots bullet holes for me.

I just put new strings and cables on my ct5. I am gonna get it set up tomorrow and shoot them in this week. I leave for New Zealand in 2 weeks so I need to shoot a bunch of arrows

I am stumped by this bow. So much so that I’m probably setting up a E35 to take to New Zealand. I cannot get a low tear out of this bow. Left and right are perfect. I have tried putting the cams perfect in sync I’ve tried advancing each cam. I’m stumped.