Prime Logic CT5...

Trying not to state the obvious here cause I don’t know what else you’ve tried but sounds like d loop is high. Arrow spine could also be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying not to state the obvious here cause I don’t know what else you’ve tried but sounds like d loop is high. Arrow spine could also be the issue.

I’ve got the arrow going directly through the button hole. I’ve moved the loop up, down and back again.
300 spine gold tip 50 grain insert
70#29.5”

I am close to being done with it and going back to my E35.

If my loop is a little high it shouldn’t be enough to be causing me all the trouble I’m having.

Arrow going through button hole at full draw?

My CT9 had a low tear from setup at shop. Moved d loop down just a touch, bullet holes.

You run specs in spine software?

Hoot

WKR
Total beginner here so take it for what it’s worth, but I had to lower my nock set as well after the shop set it up. The only difference I could tell was that they leveled off the string and I leveled off the shelf, riser, and limb pockets to make sure the bow was plumb before starting.

This was with a centergy, center of Berger button hole and center shot to 13-16” and shot bullet holes right away, where previously I had the low tear I couldn’t tune out...

noroads

FNG
I am stumped by this bow. So much so that I’m probably setting up a E35 to take to New Zealand. I cannot get a low tear out of this bow. Left and right are perfect. I have tried putting the cams perfect in sync I’ve tried advancing each cam. I’m stumped.

You mentioned you tried advancing the cams, what exactly did you do?

So a couple things
-They like a nock high , 1/8 or a little more. and I had to advance the top cam on every centergy and ct5 I’ve had by about 2 twists.

- these bows are grip sensitive meaning they like a certain grip. Have you played with your grip? More of a high wrist instead of low? More pressure in the throat I have found helps on the the centergy platform.

Try the grip first and see if it makes a difference. Arrow spine would be another thing to consider, so the above is assuming you have that spot on and that you’ve tried different spines, or point weights to manipulate spine.

You mentioned you tried advancing the cams, what exactly did you do?

So a couple things
-They like a nock high , 1/8 or a little more. and I had to advance the top cam on every centergy and ct5 I’ve had by about 2 twists.

- these bows are grip sensitive meaning they like a certain grip. Have you played with your grip? More of a high wrist instead of low? More pressure in the throat I have found helps on the the centergy platform.

Try the grip first and see if it makes a difference. Arrow spine would be another thing to consider, so the above is assuming you have that spot on and that you’ve tried different spines, or point weights to manipulate spine.

I tried advancing the top cam. I tried everything. Spine is fine and I was having no left and rights which I would think would be more affected by grip.

I’ll be selling this bow as soon as I get back from New Zealand.

I set up a 2016 E35 with all my stuff and shot a bare shaft bullet hole 3rd arrow. Shoots amazing and I am confident in it.

I shot great with the prime when it would tune but I’m not a fan of finicky bows.

Doc89

WKR
I tried advancing the top cam. I tried everything. Spine is fine and I was having no left and rights which I would think would be more affected by grip.

I’ll be selling this bow as soon as I get back from New Zealand.

I set up a 2016 E35 with all my stuff and shot a bare shaft bullet hole 3rd arrow. Shoots amazing and I am confident in it.

I shot great with the prime when it would tune but I’m not a fan of finicky bows.

I'm in the same boat you are at the moment. My CT5 was tearing nock low & left right off the initial setup and couldn't get the low tear out. Tried everything I know to do, so prime had me send it back. Waiting to get it back now, they said they were able to get it to tune with a blade rest however I was trying with a hamskea hybrid hunter pro. So hopefully I can get it up and running when it gets back. Did you talk to prime customer service about warranty at all?

i went from shooing perfect bareshafts at 20 every shot and excellent horizontal groups when i was shooting everyday, then i took a couple weeks off and was getting 50/50 left miss it seemed like, ive always buried the V between my pointer and index in the same spot on my jaw line with a little bit of pressure on my nose/ corner of the mouth. this bow seems to not tolerate any facial pressure at all, after thinking it was my tune i started shooting with no facial pressure at all and it cleaned it up 100% i then had to adjust my anchor to have the least amount of pressure possible and its been shooting great since, if im tired or forget i get a left miss then concentrate on the anchor and im good

Brendan

WKR
I said this before, but this bow did NOT like a grip that had worked well for me with my Hoyts. Had a left tear I couldn't get rid of. Very small alteration and it was bullet holes. For me, knuckles a little more vertical with 2 fingers lightly resting on the riser was the ticket.

Shooting great, but been too busy to do much broadhead testing.

Swapping limb orientation can also help a persistent left tear.

One thing that has helped me get way more consistent bullet holes was shortening my arrows. I have a 30.5 draw so always had long arrows and weird tears. This year put my rest as far back as it would go, cut my arrows as short as possible, even allowed the collar to come back past blade. Arrow is cut at 26.5” without components, I have never had better flight with broadheads or more consistent paper tears even at 20yrds.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Well...Been a long time since I was able to shoot...Dropped the weight to get me closer to #5 per grain on my arrows.

Four fletch AAE pro max on all 12 arrows. Came in at avg weight of 354.48 grn with a .5 grn std. deviation.

908db2468bf3d584fa0bee45aa35c5df.jpg

3 full turns put me #66 at peak. A little light.

Put 18 shots through chrono....

AVG: 307.07 fps
Std Dev: 2.7644
High: 315.3
Low: 303.3
Spread: 12.2

Put another 1.5 turns back on. Peak weight at #71.05. Slightly higher than 5 grns per pound, but that is what I am going to run with.

360493dd73f6f03eab3200314c5499d2.jpg

I needed a beer, so put everything away. Will get some more shots through tomorrow.

Zspires94

FNG
What kind of let off are you seeing? I know Colorado has the 80% law and I see they’re advertised as 85% let off.

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
What kind of let off are you seeing? I know Colorado has the 80% law and I see they’re advertised as 85% let off.

At full draw...#16.7

2fddc77167be20505d383367bc35f945.jpg

Difference of #54.35.

That is 76.5% letoff if I did my math right. (54.35/71.05)

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Put 18 through chrono today @ # 71.05.

Avg: 318.2
Std. Dev: 85
Max: 319.4
Min: 316.1
Spread: 3.3

More consistent.

At full draw...#16.7

2fddc77167be20505d383367bc35f945.jpg

Difference of #54.35.

That is 76.5% letoff if I did my math right. (54.35/71.05)

I’m holding just about the same 17 lbs at 72 lb draw weight feels perfect. Are you using limb or cable stops?

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Sighted in my 20, 30, 40 pins.

The micro adjustment on The BG pro is nice simple. The horizontal movement for the individual pins don’t seem to register and the movement is slight so it took me a couple times to get it right on the 40. The 30 and 20 are yard pin were much easier.

Love the micro adjust for the horizontal.

Towards the end of the session I noticed a rattle in the sight housing after my shots. Couldn’t identify anything loose, but need to do a good look-over to find it.

Shot a couple of the foam targets at the new Boise 3d range. They did a nice job on it. I know of volunteer hours were put into it.

Hope to get my sight tapes on it before the NW mountain challenge this weekend.

11b53918f1768997acf8e1fd693c7bd7.jpg

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Done with 3D season. I shoot the NW Mountain Challenge at Tamarack every year, nothing else. First day was the best I had ever shot on the mountain (Camofire and Dead-on Courses). Pure elevation course was another story. Not the bow however, definitely the shooter. Punching the release and dropping my front arm. It was a bad day.

7bcbc843958d3b588249b2c1d194af6c.jpg
5f8d61966328d0a0d53b3698c06ce799.jpg

Went back to blind bailing the last couple weeks and focused on form. Lighted up the tension on my release. Went out and shot yesterday and did much better. Couple 12 ringers with the below bear at 62 quartering too being my best shot of the day.

0f5f52eb72b8015896e886e390f962b3.jpg

The only gripe with the set up is a rattle in my sight. It comes and goes. Driving me crazy. Think it may be the fiber optics for the pins. Probably need to call BG and get some ideas.

Overall, still extremely happy with the this setup. All faults can be put on me. Going to put away the 3d arrows and start running the hunting setup with a goal of shooting BH’s only through August.

SaltyUte

Lil-Rokslider
Overall, still extremely happy with the this setup. All faults can be put on me. Going to put away the 3d arrows and start running the hunting setup with a goal of shooting BH’s only through August.

Liking the quivalizer on your setup?

OP
O

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Liking the quivalizer on your setup?

I love it. Bow balances better for me. Took some adjusting but once I found the sweet spot it has been nice. Feel like I shoot better with it. Less pin float.

The 3d course I have been shooting can have a lot of wind. Experimented with moving it to the side in windy conditions and I still had a lot of bow movement. I haven’t directly compared to my tight spot in same conditions but in general i have always had issues in the wind. Maybe it is a little worse? Not enough to overtake the advantages.

I carry my bow in hand with quiver running up the backside of arm or over my shoulder. No problem moving around mountains where I hunt. I guess if I was inclined to push my bow first through heavy brush it would be a problem, but I have never done that nor do I plan on starting now.