Prime Nexus line drop

wadegarrett

Lil-Rokslider
New bows in 32, 34 and 36 ATA. From the specs they're pretty snappy. I'll be interested to see how the claimed 50% reduction in vibration actually translates to noise.

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to shoot one of the Nexus 2’s when it stops snowing today or tomorrow. I’m curious myself, if the vibration is what they are saying I might pick one up. I’ll post what I find out.

TX_Diver

WKR
Curious about that new grip as well. Should start seeing some deals on used Black series!
I'm going to go shoot the Nexus but the used black series is what I'll really keep an eye on... Especially if the grip isn't as comfortable as the CT/black series.

Brendan

WKR
Anyone know if it's an adjustable letoff and the ranges? Or, if anyone is talking to a dealer / rep - can you ask?

TX_Diver

WKR
Got to shoot the 32 today.

I haven't shot my bow for about a month so I can't make a side by side comparison to my current bow (PSE Evo).

Bow was set about 1.5" short to my DL. Smooth draw though and very good feel. Grip maintains the same shape as the previous grips but is a little bit wider/larger.

Fit/finish great as always from Prime. Nobody has the 36" in stock but I may consider ordering one... Pretty much exactly what I want in a bow w/ a longer ATA and decent brace height (would prefer 7").

$999 for the 32
$1099 for the 34
$1199 for the 36
Add $100 for different color limbs (some dealers don't upcharge for this)

5yYWojph.jpg

Black 3 on the left
rfyM9aOh.jpg

tjt4sxuh.jpg

Brendan

WKR
Anyone know if it's an adjustable letoff and the ranges? Or, if anyone is talking to a dealer / rep - can you ask?

Answered my own question. Now I'm interested....

"THE ALL NEW ROTO CAMS FEATURE THE EASIEST METHOD FOR ADJUSTING DRAW LENGTH WITH A SELF CONTAINED SYSTEM OF A ROTATING MOD. NO BOW PRESS NEEDED FOR ANY ADJUSTMENTS. THE MODULES CAN BE MOVED IN HALF INCH INCREMENTS. THE LET-OFF IS BETWEEN 65% AND 90%, THE CABLE STOPS ARE INFINITELY ADJUSTABLE TO THE ARCHER’S DESIRED FEEL."

Zac

WKR
36 may be the ticket. I love how Prime offers such a great ATA in 80 lb offerings.

So far, these are the only bows that have piqued my interest this year. The only thing I wish they kept from previous years is a little more brace height. I will have to shoot them to see.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
I shot the nexus 2 20 mins ago next to my black 5 and Mathews v3 27. I liked the 2 better than the Mathews and the vibrations is far less than the black series as advertised. The only thing I didn’t like was the grip is just a little bit thicker now, but it wasn’t a deal breaker, I ordered the Nexus 2. It shoots great.

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
Answered my own question. Now I'm interested....

"THE ALL NEW ROTO CAMS FEATURE THE EASIEST METHOD FOR ADJUSTING DRAW LENGTH WITH A SELF CONTAINED SYSTEM OF A ROTATING MOD. NO BOW PRESS NEEDED FOR ANY ADJUSTMENTS. THE MODULES CAN BE MOVED IN HALF INCH INCREMENTS. THE LET-OFF IS BETWEEN 65% AND 90%, THE CABLE STOPS ARE INFINITELY ADJUSTABLE TO THE ARCHER’S DESIRED FEEL."
It’s the same adjustability as the black series. No press needed. A couple Allen screws, slide the mod, tighten and shoot (adjust draw stops). Couldn’t be easier.

Firehawk

WKR
I shot the Nexus 2 yesterday side by side with my Hoyt RX-3. As a long time Hoyt shooter, this was my first real effort to shoot a different bow. I liked the back well especially on the Prime. So solid. It was very quiet. The draw cycle was definitely more stiff than I am used to. My RX-3 is significantly smoother to draw. Just wish I could get that type of back wall on my Hoyt and it would be perfect.

Overall, I liked the Prime a lot and I could find myself shooting it. That said, I would likely need to back it off a few pounds as that weight felt stiffer and harder than the same 70 lbs on my Hoyt. Actually 70.8 on my Hoyt and 71.8 on the Prime.