Primers

Jhenn87

FNG
So i have been buying small rifle primers on gunbroker because i can’t find them anywhere else? Did i make a bad choice spending $30 for 100 primers?? i live in eastern pa, specifically wind gap

Last edited:

TDawg

FNG
It's your choice. I choose not to pay their extravagant prices. When considering buying and hazmat shipping cost, buying in low volumn adds up in a hurry. If (and that is a big if) I decided to bite the bullet and pay the high prices, I would purchase at least 1000 to make the shipping worth it. Just my two cents.

OP
J

Jhenn87

FNG
It's your choice. I choose not to pay their extravagant prices. When considering buying and hazmat shipping cost, buying in low volumn adds up in a hurry. If (and that is a big if) I decided to bite the bullet and pay the high prices, I would purchase at least 1000 to make the shipping worth it. Just my two cents.
Thanks, i did buy 4 the first time around and then just 2 packs the second time and hopefully by the time i need more, hopefully i will be able to buy them locally for regular price

I have spoken to several local retailers and all had the same info to share, regarding primers. I was told primers would not be available until the demand for loaded ammunition is met. (manufacturers are basically getting primers first) And we have all heard the backorder situation with ammo manufacturers is currently something like 1.5-2 years. And that is only going to lengthen, in my estimation. So, I believe the ridiculous prices for primers is going to worsen before it gets better..... Thankfully powder and bullets can still be found without the incredible mark-up primers are suffering from. I am guilty of driving the prices up as I recently payed $375 for 3000 primers, including shipping. I may never have to buy primers again but I have 3 children that will be hunting before the next presidential election and I don't want their proficiency to be hampered by lack of ammo to practice with. Buy what you think you may need, now, would be my humble advice.

drmatara

FNG
Since primers are unavailable and you really do need one. Get whatever you need and then only you can decide if it was worth it. Just my two cents.

Rob5589

WKR
Well, if it is the difference between shooting or not, then it was probably worth it. Unfortunately it isn't going to get better in the foreseeable future.

TDawg

FNG
Can anybody confirm they have used this site? Seems too good to be true when no primers can be found except on gunbroker.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
Can anybody confirm they have used this site? Seems too good to be true when no primers can be found except on gunbroker.
Looks like a scam. Did a google search and someone asked about them on longrangehunting and looks like the site was registered in the end of February. Also the poster who posted about them registered today, has 3 posts, and they are all saying they bought stuff from there.

TDawg

FNG
Looks like a scam. Did a google search and someone asked about them on longrangehunting and looks like the site was registered in the end of February.
I thought the same thing. Their site is not like any other, especially for payment. Directs you to pay with Google Pay. Red flags flying up every where. Admin needs to check this poster out.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the same thing. Their site is not like any other, especially for payment. Directs you to pay with Google Pay. Red flags flying up every where. Admin needs to check this poster out.
Yeah he doesn't past the smell test-- time for him to go.