Primers

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
The primer thing will start to ease up as soon as Remington goes back into production. That will allow CCI to start marketing more of their primers for direct consumption. I have a friend who does sales with vista outdoors the parent company of federal, Remington and CCI. He thinks things will start to get better this summer.

TDawg

FNG
The primer thing will start to ease up as soon as Remington goes back into production. That will allow CCI to start marketing more of their primers for direct consumption. I have a friend who does sales with vista outdoors the parent company of federal, Remington and CCI. He thinks things will start to get better this summer.
I sure hope so. I've held off on my temptation to pay way too much for primers thus far. But I'm gonna need a fix soon! LOL

I’ve heard similar from industry sources, the only thing that’ll suck the air out of the room is people looking to buy everything they can get their hands on when it does come back, followed closely by the sh*theads looking to foster the panic by buying everything they can only to flip it.
Greed feeding on itself...brass, powder, primers, equipment, ammo...
I’ll be happy with getting what I think I’ll need for a couple years, which sure as sh*t isn’t 10,000 magnum primers and 1,000 pounds of every powder I think I’ll ever use in my life. 😆

Last edited:
They are making multiple millions of primers a day per company. So long as Biden doesn't try to limit online ammo sales things are going to catch up quicker than most people think.

I’m still getting my suppressor in a month or two, so I’m a lot more concerned about what the retailers and my fellow enthusiasts do in the near future than whether president grandpa is gonna give two about where I’m buying my ammo. Concerns like that sure help drive sales though...and here we are.

People need to stop buying shit they don’t/won’t need and everything will get better.

How the eff are we ever supposed to get h1000 when there are people paying $1000 for an 8# on gunbroker. Tough for people with a job to beat these assholes making 400%+ markup on it.

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
So i have been buying small rifle primers on gunbroker because i can’t find them anywhere else? Did i make a bad choice spending $30 for 100 primers?? i live in eastern pa, specifically wind gap
I live in PA and actuality just picked up 1,000 Large Rifle Benchrest Primers and a pound of H1000 at a local Sportsmans Warehouse - all for $80 total

Back in January, I scored close to 15,000 primers for myself and a lot of friends at somewhat normal prices online, using the discord app. I’m not a hoarder by any means and only kept enough to burn through the barrels that I own. Just didn’t want to run out if things keep getting weirder.
people have “bots” that constantly refresh websites and check for changes, such as primers coming back in stock. When they have a hit, they post it on discord and you get a push notification. If you’re on a computer it helps because items are usually out of stock within a few minutes.
Read through this thread on Snipershide and it will guide you through the process. It’s complicated to get set up but once you figure it out, it’s an awesome tool for projectiles, powder, primers, etc.

I am suspicious. I received an order number and it did not ask for a credit card however they take PayPal and bitcoin. I received an email and followed the link for PayPal payment. Though still not normal for me, I was concerned about the family and friend requirement for PayPal.
61f0fcb09ffcc311fbfe9c8f5e220774.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
I am suspicious. I received an order number and it did not ask for a credit card however they take PayPal and bitcoin. I received an email and followed the link for PayPal payment. Though still not normal for me, I was concerned about the family and friend requirement for PayPal.
61f0fcb09ffcc311fbfe9c8f5e220774.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You paid a business with friends PayPal?

WRM

WKR
Depending on what day you search, you'll find a new scam website with "awesome" deals and they have EVERYTHING. That is the first giant red flag in these times. The couple I bothered to check out had one common theme (other than above--got it it all, at normal pricing), and that was they claimed an address as their home address but if you poked a bit on the site you'd find something else that contradicted that. The last one I used Google earth and the area they claimed as their address was obviously fraudulent (at least to me).

There also is a website that will give a free analysis of the indicators on other site in regards to legitness. Of course, I can't find it now, but it definitely threw up the caution flags on the first ammo/primer sited I investigated.