Primers

hunterjmj

WKR
I'm in need of primers like many of you so I check websites everyday and I'm on email lists where I can. I thought I'd jump over over on gunbroker to see what's available and I saw a 1000ct of CCI250 for $9,000. What the? I did see a case for $350 which is tempting but holy cow. I guess I'm not that desperate. You guys finding anything?

sneaky

"DADDY"
GMM 210s and 215s still bringing premiums and probably always will after this. Regular 215s are at the new baseline normal, doubt we ever see the old prices on primers or powder.

WCB

WKR
I guess I'm confused...the breaking point for guys reloading is $350 for 5000 primers or .07 a primer when they spend $1, $2 or more for a case... $0.80 to $1 or more per projectile? Even .10 a primer doesn't seem like a problem when you consider it is as vital as every other component in the round. Now I am not saying primers should be $1 or even 50cents but.....

Also as NorCal pointed out the new normal is going to be what it is for all ammunition and components...not sure why guys expect it to go back to prices from 2019

There out there you just need to look----at a bunch of different places. You may not get what you exactly want but if it keeps you shooting it is worth it until you find others.

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
I guess I'm confused...the breaking point for guys reloading is $350 for 5000 primers or .07 a primer when they spend $1, $2 or more for a case... $0.80 to $1 or more per projectile? Even .10 a primer doesn't seem like a problem when you consider it is as vital as every other component in the round. Now I am not saying primers should be $1 or even 50cents but.....

Also as NorCal pointed out the new normal is going to be what it is for all ammunition and components...not sure why guys expect it to go back to prices from 2019
If I could find 5000 for $350 I'd buy right now. I'll probably always load my own ammo even if it's more than manufactured.

Talked to my hunting buddy a few min. ago ask me how I was situated on primers told him O.K. for a while he told me dont worry just picked up a thousand for 165.00 dollars. The other day picked up 500 for 15.00 dollars a hundred at the local gun shop. Now 300 Win. Mag. brass is a different story but I am situated pretty good but never hurts to have a few hundred extra especially now of days. Good luck on your search.

Rich M

WKR

It's about $100 for 1,000 primers at Natchez & Midway & others. Just need to sign up and be patient.
$350 for 5,000 aint bad.

Why shouldn't the prices go down? We just cross some imaginary line and everything goes up in the great reset? Maybe this is it? Prices double and triple and that's the new way, just cause. Strange but it's happening.

Glad I'm not getting into the sport these days, the prices would definitely be a barrier to entry.

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
It's about $100 for 1,000 primers at Natchez & Midway & others. Just need to sign up and be patient.
$350 for 5,000 aint bad.

Why shouldn't the prices go down? We just cross some imaginary line and everything goes up in the great reset? Maybe this is it? Prices double and triple and that's the new way, just cause. Strange but it's happening.

Glad I'm not getting into the sport these days, the prices would definitely be a barrier to entry.
Unfortunately, I’m one of those getting into reloading after many years of shooting factory. Do the “Notify Me” buttons on Natchez and others actually work? Been signed up to get notified when primers come back in stock with no luck. Could just be they haven’t gotten any…

Unfortunately, I’m one of those getting into reloading after many years of shooting factory. Do the “Notify Me” buttons on Natchez and others actually work? Been signed up to get notified when primers come back in stock with no luck. Could just be they haven’t gotten any…

I started signing up for notifications on primers, bullets, and powder about a year and a half ago and like clockwork I get an email, place an order, and a couple days later they’re sold out. It just takes patience. I think I waited almost a year for the 130gr .308 Barnes TTSX but now I’ve got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate that. I was lucky enough to score some 150gr .284 Barnes TTSX last week and powder this week. Just need the primers to get started!

Rich M

WKR
Yes, they work.

When i was doing it you had less than 5 minutes to get the order in and paid or you missed it. Now things might last a couple days but be prepared to order as quick as you can.

Best to register and have cc info in your account, anything else you want should be in your basket cause you do not have time to shop when the notice comes in.