Primus ETA Lite Stove 39.88

xziang

WKR
Cabelas has the Primus ETA Lite Stove on sale for 39.88 seems like a pretty good deal. I personally use a jetboil ti which I like but for the price I'm a sucker and picked one of these up for spare/backup.

Primus ETA Lite Stove System : Cabela's

Also if you use activejunky they are doing 6% cash back right now for cabelas purchases.

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
I got one when they were $40 a couple weeks ago, I've used it a few times and its really nice.

I got one of these and they work great besides having to usually use a match

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Anyone compare this to jetboil? I was going to order a jetboil but allready have the primus. Not sure if I need both unless it's a huge upgrade

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
I got one of these for Christmas from the wife. Does anyone else's lid not fit tight? If I tip the pot over it falls right out. Seems odd of that's normal.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

OP
X

xziang

WKR
Anyone compare this to jetboil? I was going to order a jetboil but allready have the primus. Not sure if I need both unless it's a huge upgrade

I found a vid online where the jetboil they used boiled in just over 2min while the primus boiled at 3min. Either would work for me, the only downfall would be for long term use for more fuel would be used.

I found a vid online where the jetboil they used boiled in just over 2min while the primus boiled at 3min. Either would work for me, the only downfall would be for long term use for more fuel would be used.
Thanks! Appreciate the info

twall13

WKR
While your thoughts on fuel burning are probably true, the only way to know for sure it's burning more fuel per boil is to weigh the fuel canisters before and after. I picked one of these up on the sale and was playing around with it a bit today. Not a very controlled test as I used two different canisters I already had laying around but I compared it to my Optimus Crux Lite stove and Olicamp pot for burn times tonight. The Olicamp pot is a wider (more surface area closer to the heat source) 1 liter pot but I only filled it with 0.5 liters to match the Primus. Indoor conditions side by side my Optimus boiled the water in 1:55 while the Primus boiled right at 3:00. That said, I could hear the difference in the output and wouldn't normally run the Optimus at full bore like that. That thing was burning alot of fuel fast. It certainly boiled the water faster, but I think it was also burning more fuel per second as well. If I had backed it off a little it wouldn't have boiled so fast but might have been more comparable to the fuel burned per second of the Primus. Again, I didn't weigh anything before and after to know for sure, but I could hear a difference in output enough to make me think faster boil times alone don't necessarily mean more fuel efficient.

I've never used a Jetboil but I do like the functionality of the Primus ETA Lite. The cozy and mug feel are more user friendly than the tiny handle on my Olicamp pot and the connection between the stove and pot is way more secure. I do wish the Primus had a bit bigger pot capacity but I think in some circumstances it will find it's way into my pack.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk