Private land in wilderness area

Tjwjr89

FNG
I'm headed to a new area in CO, I'm hiking into a wilderness area but OnX shows a private property section in the wilderness? Is this a mistake in the app or is there actually private land in the wilderness areas?

bsnedeker

WKR
I'm headed to a new area in CO, I'm hiking into a wilderness area but OnX shows a private property section in the wilderness? Is this a mistake in the app or is there actually private land in the wilderness areas?
It can happen for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3forks

WKR
Wilderness inholdings exist, and there are even inholdings within national parks.

Poser

WKR
Lots of old mining claims in the wilderness around here. Many are defunct but a number of them are actively used as well. Some people have cabins on them, there is also a lake that the landowner routinely lands at with his helicopter to have family picnics.

dsayer

FNG
Lots of old mining claims in the wilderness around here. Many are defunct but a number of them are actively used as well. Some people have cabins on them, there is also a lake that the landowner routinely lands at with his helicopter to have family picnics.
Crazy you know about my property! My kids do really enjoy those little trips in our old helicopter. It's the simple things in life...