Pro Shop Expectations

Couldn't tell you. I've never actually owned an APA, I'm just very intrigued by them. I was real close to ordering an APA Mamba 33 last spring but came across a Hoyt Helix at a price too good to pass up and couldn't justify buying both. I could see how the APA cam lock pin might be prone to mar the finish on the limbs, but I think I could live with that if it meant being able to change string/cables, install a peep, and yoke tune without a press.

I get the sense that you can mess with them without a press, but likely would still want one for them. I know I'd feel a lot safer using a press, I watched them yoke tuning by pushing one side of a static yoke and putting twists into another. Thinking the draw weight was turned down.

I have been told the cams are very sensitive in tuning, but I don't know.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I was about to make a thread with the same title, of course this one popped up.

I'm new to archery, and after reading this thread would say I had a good experience with the Pro Shop, but not great. Bought my bow less that a week ago and already decided to learn how to do things myself.

Thankfully, with the V3X, a piece of line was all I needed to start adjusting things like the peep and timing. The shop certainly helped with the learning curve, but there were simple things, like setting my centerline, that I had to do. They recommended not tuning until the string had time to settle, but they commented on maxing out the windage on the sight. Turns out the rest needed to be moved about 1/4 inch. My complaint is that they implied it was a sight problem and I contacted Option Archery, and just from the picture, Dan suggested the rest was too close to the riser per Mathew's specs. Dan also suggested considering a top hat tune if adjusting the rest caused issues, I don't think that will be needed at this point though. The shop had me thinking I needed to add a spacer to get more windage on the sight.

Over all, they helped with several things as a new archer, but reading this thread has convinced me that like almost everything else, I should just do my own work.

Last edited: