Pro Shop Recommendations - Seattle/WA area

rmelick

FNG
Just moved to the Seattle area and am itching to get back into bow hunting (have some private land permissions to hunt elk and deer provided I do it with a bow).

I haven't hunted archery since I was a kid so I'd like to treat myself as a beginner and find a good shop, purchase my set up, take some lessons, get to know the folks running it etc. I'm in Seattle but willing to travel to find a solid shop to get back into the sport. Also don't need to go to the "place with the best deals" quality gear and higher quality people are much more important.

Any recommendations would be great!

Jakeini

FNG
Mike Hooper at The Nock Point in mountlake terrace is THE man! He’s set up my last 3 bows and he’s been spectacular. Excellent certified coach as well. They have pretty good selection, primarily carrying Hoyt’s if I remember right and a good used and discount section. They’ve never steered me wrong.
Jake up at Riverside Archery in mount Vernon is a straight up wizard, too. I don’t think anyone’s got my bow shooting as good as that guy.
As far as best pro shop, I’d make the drive to Riverside Archery. They have a much wider selection, as I recall. Pretty sure they carry all the major Bow brands.

Jakeini

FNG
If you want to go more south, Sportco in Fife has a nice selection and a real good shop. The techs Ibe spoke to there always seemed to be on top of their game, unlike the cabelas and sportsmans warehouse guys.

ROCK4185

FNG
Riverside Archery in Mount Vernon is my recommendation. They carry all the major brands and the service is excellent.

I live in Seattle and have always driven to Archery world in Vancouver to get setup with a new bow - more selection and attention to detail than shops near Seattle in my experience. Riverside Archery in Mt Vernon is a good option much closer to Seattle (still an hour drive). My experience at The Nock Point has been mixed but I still stop in if I need trouble shoot something - they are conveniently located for me.

Driving a couple of hours wouldn't be a problem for a great shop

The Bow Rack seems to be top notch. I'm otherside of the country and have been familiar with them for a while. Not saying you wouldn't be driving past something just as good on the way there, but from what I have seen they are very knowledgeable there. You make the drive I'd say your removing any doubt.

OR Archer

WKR
Well I’m the head guy at The Bow Rack in Springfield Oregon. If you come down I can get you set up and rolling in the right direction. We have a good stock of Mathews, Hoyt, and Prime right now

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
I live 5 min from Nock Point and I am now driving 45 min to Rock Creek in Tukwila or 1hr to Riverside.
Customer service and diligent care of my bow is important to me and I stopped getting that at Nock Point.

Elk97

WKR
Another vote for Riverside. Those guys are great. Last time there (several weeks ago) it was drive up service only, you stay in your car and they come out to you. Not sure if it's changed now.

Jakeini

FNG
Another vote for Riverside. Those guys are great. Last time there (several weeks ago) it was drive up service only, you stay in your car and they come out to you. Not sure if it's changed now.
It has, I was up there having new strings put on post-quarantine and they were allowing customers inside

I've been struggling to get my PSE Vendetta tuned to new arrows. Thought it was right and a couple small changes and it's wacked now and I can't get it back. Considering taking to a shop....just wish there was one closer and didn't have to go anywhere near Seattle.

SigAsr45

FNG
I also live near Seattle now, The Nock Point has a great pro staff and next door does classes, outdoor emporium in Seattle isn't bad for simple work. When I bought my last bow which was a Prime CT5 I ended up driving to Cory Miller's shop in Oregon which was Triple X Archery. Since then they have stopped carrying Prime and Cory Miller has moved on but from what I've heard the shop is still great, totally recommend.

Randonee

Lil-Rokslider
I live the n Seattle and go to Sportco in Fife. Ryan Black is been really great setting up and tuning my bow. Very professional and a lot of knowledge and experience.