Pro Staffers

I am not a part of anyones "Pro Staff" and have some questions. With all the tv shows out there it seems like "everyone" is on the band wagon.
I am wondering how many of you are on a pro staff?
What are the advantages to it?
I am guessing not everyone gets free gear?

jherald

WKR
I've been there and done it. Its cool and a lot of fun. It usually pays nothing except for free gear or gear cheaper than wholesale. One thing i liked was i got to add real world experience, thoughts and ideas into a product.

I have a real job now and i'm a regular working stiff who has to plan everything around work.

blb078

WKR
I was always curious about this myself. Do any of them get paid a decent amount? I know the ones who have their own TV show prob make decent coin but what about the ones that don't and are just part of the team so to speak?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably 20 guys make a living as archers.

I am part of the pro staff for several archery companies. Remember the pro is for promotional and not "pro."

I actually get quite a bit, but I do it because I believe in the gear I use and want to support the companies. I am only affiliated with one company that I wasn't already using the gear. I became part of the others pro staff because I believed the made the best out there, at least for me. It also opens a lot of doors and opportunities for you.

Overall it is a great experience that comes with added pressure to perform at tournaments.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Those videos are awesome lol. I remember I seen one about rage broadheads that was pretty funny too

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Pro Staff means different things to different companies. Some are "professional" and some are "promotional". Most get discounted gear, fewer get free gear, and very few get paid.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Hey I don't like all this anti-pro staff vibe!

Pro Staff:

Chapstick
Eddie Bauer
Depends
Girls Gone Wild
Tasco
Popeil Pocket Fisherman