Probiotic and Fish Oil Recommendation

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

Was looking for a good probiotic and fish/krill oil supplement to take daily. Any recommendations? Also, is there anything else that you all take on a daily basis?

BK

The only thing I take is Creatine Monohydrate.
Most of my fat intake comes from free range egg yolks, game meat, wild salmon and grass fed/free range beef tallow so I don't worry about Omega 3 supplements.

Reactions: GMC

jmez

WKR
No recommendations but on the fish oil, make sure whatever you choose has an enteric coating on it.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on what your goals or requirements are I had a few rounds of antibiotics after some major surgeries, I've been taking probiotics regularly for over a year and am just now getting labs where I want them. I've been using Primal Blueprint and have been very happy.

The probiotic my Dr. put me on is florastor. My gut health improved a decent bit once I started on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey All,

Was looking for a good probiotic and fish/krill oil supplement to take daily. Any recommendations? Also, is there anything else that you all take on a daily basis?

BK

Eat more fish. It will be cheaper and more effective than buying that crap they sell in stores. All that stuff is loaded with filler. You're after the EPA and DHA.. take a look on the back of those bottles and you'll see a lot of "other fish oils" ... eating fish is the best way to get your fatty acids, plus you get a healthy amount of protein.

Vandy321

WKR
+1 for the Kirkland or any Fish Oils from Costco. Half the price for similar amounts of DHA/EPA when I compared a few bottles from GNC back in the day. It's cheap enough from Costco, I buy it for my dogs as well, 2 a day for the pups for a healthy heart.

Green Pasture makes a really good fermented cod liver oil (Blue Ice). The fermenting process keeps the chemical nature of the cod oil intact so you get maximum benefit. Fermentation is the traditional way of processing fish oil. I get mine from Thrive Market online.

ZachB

Lil-Rokslider
I take Onnit Krill Oil twice daily. There's tons of gut health supplements out there but personally i'll just have some kimchi with a meal or grab a kombucha from the market. If you do well with dairy there's a lot of probiotics in that food spectrum as well.

*zap*

WKR
These are both very good choices. The probiotic gets delivered refrigerated, it is Garden of Life brand. The oil I keep refrigerated after opening and it is very potent, I take 2/3 teaspoon daily.

A couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day and sourkraut are good natural probiotics.
IMG_5086.jpg

That's a good question. To begin with, I want to know if you have any contraindications for this. In fact, it is rare when something like this can harm a person, but there are exceptions in everything. I constantly take fish oil, but before buying, I consulted with my doctor because I have quite a lot of allergies, and I did not want any negative effects for my body. I advise you to read the detailed description of food additives before buying, as you will be able to find something in the composition that you would not want to give to your body. I always keep an eye on this because I want to preserve my health for many years.

Last edited:
I have a bachelors in Human Nutrition and Dietetics. The best thing you could possibly do is eat yogurt and eat fish. Obtaining all of your essentials through natural means will be far more beneficial for your health than just taking the supplements. I used to use supplements all the time. Protein drinks, fish oil, creatine, BCAAs, multivitamins, etc.

You’ll be better off with eating it. A lot of times what you are taking is a lot more than you actually need and can wind up hurting you more than helping.

At the end of the day this is just my opinion though!

hintzy56

FNG
Thorne is a great supplement company that's also got an excellent reputation for being high quality.