problem paper tuning mathews V3

I had the same low right tear you are describing on my v3. I checked my center shot and it was dead in 13/16th's. I put it in the press and switched the bottom cam top hats. Basically I was shimming the cam towards the tear. It got better but I still had a right tear. I then switched the top hats on the top cam. Right tear was gone. I had to lower my rest to get rid of the low tear, I'd be willing to bet that if you can press it, switch the top hats, you'll be good to go

OP
J
I had the same low right tear you are describing on my v3. I checked my center shot and it was dead in 13/16th's. I put it in the press and switched the bottom cam top hats. Basically I was shimming the cam towards the tear. It got better but I still had a right tear. I then switched the top hats on the top cam. Right tear was gone. I had to lower my rest to get rid of the low tear, I'd be willing to bet that if you can press it, switch the top hats, you'll be good to go
Yes my top hats arrives next week! And I think you're suppose to change the top cam before the bottom cam but i'm not sure.

On your bow, is the thicker top hat on the right or left? I didn't have to get a kit. I just switched the existing ones. You might be able to get away with doing that
Yes my top hats arrives next week! And I think you're suppose to change the top cam before the bottom cam but i'm not sure.

OP
J
When you change top hats on only one cam doesn't it cause your cable to be not straight? Is making that change affects your cam timing?

Jimbob

WKR
When you change top hats on only one cam doesn't it cause your cable to be not straight? Is making that change affects your cam timing?
It's always good to check timing after making any changes to your bow. However, changing tophats does not really affect the rotation of the cams (remember cam timing is all about the cams rotating identically and hitting the stops at the same TIME).

Also, your cables are never straight because they have to be pulled out of the way of the arrow, it's why there is always some lean in the cams.