Problem with new Marsupial Gear bino harness

FattyBinz

FNG
Just bought a MG harness and a pair of Maven B.2 11x45s (upgrades from the Badlands XR and the Vortex diamondback 10x50s). When I ordered the MG harness, I noticed they had a 2018 model and a newer version. I ordered the new one that said "New super durable fleece lining makes sliding binoculars in and out virtually silent." I didn't really care about that but I figured newer was better. Haven't taken it out of the house yet but have played with it a bit. The problem is that the binos do not slide against that fleece lining at all. It takes a lot of wiggling, and I even have to sometimes have to use both hands to get it to go in. It is really inconvenient and I can't imagine having to deal with that in the field. The harness' size is correct: medium for the B.2s. Wondering if anyone else has run into this. The material of the Maven B.2s doesn't help...not sure how to describe it but the surface of it isn't smooth (I ordered a custom black one, not sure if that makes a difference in the texture). Wonder if Marsupial gear would exchange it for the old one. For those of you with the old one, is the material lining the inside the same as that on the outside?

I use an older medium size one with my 9x45 B2s. It’s still a snug fit but they go in and out without issue. I almost prefer that since they aren’t shifting around inside while moving. They won’t fall out on their own under any normal circumstances with the lid open.

OP
F

FattyBinz

FNG
Size seems to be good...but any contact with the sides, which there is going to be with any size, snags it up. I'm going to call them up

My 8.5x42 Swaros ELs called for a small. I ordered a medium. Glad I did. They go in and out easily. The swaros dont have a rubberized type coating but my Steiner’s do. I tried the Steiner's and they would be hard to get out if the pouch was any smaller.

mproberts

WKR
It will likely break in if you use it enough, but I know what you are talking about. My zeiss conquest went in no problem but the swaros I have seem to be a bit fatter and at first took some wiggling to get in. It's gotten better over time.