Problem zeroing a rifle scope

Petar

FNG
Hi guys
I have leupold 1-4x24 scope

Today i went to check my rifle before the season, the zero was little off, so i turned 2 clicks to left, it made 2 hits hole in hole left up around 5 inches
I tried to bring it down, i adjust 2 clicks right and two down. 2 bullets again, two holes in one, but down right for more than 5 inches and so on for 20 bullets and i couldnt find zero
Can anyone tell me what the problem is, i check all the scrues they were tight

HiMtnHntr

WKR
Was the same ammo/rifle/scope combo previously on?

There are a variety of things that can lead to zero chasing, and several of those may not be the scope at all.

Tell about the rifle, scope, load, etc. .

OP
P

Petar

FNG
Yes, they do that when they fail (or to a lesser extent before they fail). Send it in and they will "rework the erector", you will have a "good as new" scope in a couple months.
Ok, and do you know if i manege to zero it like this, will it hold its zero?

Michael54

WKR
Ok, and do you know if i manege to zero it like this, will it hold its zero?
No. Every time you shoot it your zero will change. We went down this rabbit hole 3 years ago with my father in laws 300 wby mag. Send it in to get fixed. If you need a scope between the time you send it away and get it back you will be buying another scope.

OP
P

Petar

FNG
No. Every time you shoot it your zero will change. We went down this rabbit hole 3 years ago with my father in laws 300 wby mag. Send it in to get fixed. If you need a scope between the time you send it away and get it back you will be buying another scope.
Thats bad news at the start of the season
The thing is after i zeroed it it hold the zero perfectly, it was putting bullets hole in hole at 100 yard
last week i hit a boar at 150, but if its this problem and it cant hold zero, its a big risk
Maybe its not the erector

Michael54

WKR
The thing is after i zeroed it it hold the zero perfectly, it was putting bullets hole in hole at 100 yard
last week i hit a boar at 150, but if its this problem and it cant hold zero, its a big risk
Is risking losing or wounding an animal by not knowing better/worse than just sending it in and buying another scope if you need it asap and knowing you're good is the decision it sounds like you have to make.

Michael54

WKR
Is risking losing or wounding an animal by not knowing better/worse than just sending it in and buying another scope if you need it asap and knowing you're good is the decision it sounds like you have to make.

Michael54

WKR