Problems with grouping left

While tuning the Black Hunter Lonbow at 12 feet from the target, bare shaft and fletched arrows are impacting high and left by 2-4”(as seen in the pic for reference). When bareshaft tuning the nocks are looking straight back at the shooter. I feel as if my form is def not perfect but is consistent(can tell by the grouping). The issue I’m concerned with is that my grouping is to the left and I would like to bring the grouping closer to center(aiming point with tip of arrow).
DW 50# at 28”
DL 27”
Arrows are GT Traditionals 400 spine at 29” with 250 grains up front.
I’ve tried lighter weight up front, twisting my bow arm wrist inward(def not comfortable), adjusting the brace height, cutting away some of the material from the elevated rest(bear weather rest), etc. and no matter what the grouping is still to the left by 3-4 inches. Any help on what can be done to overcome this is highly appreciated.
Many thanks,
~Danny

2faf0239bcd3299352c487a2b0747097.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Sometimes it's as simple as tilting your head a bit to get your eye directly over the arrow. If you're sure the arrows are tuned to that bow I'd start there because all that's really left after tuning is form.

OP
D
Sometimes it's as simple as tilting your head a bit to get your eye directly over the arrow. If you're sure the arrows are tuned to that bow I'd start there because all that's really left after tuning is form.

I’ll try this. Been drawing the bow to my face vs vise versa. Many thanks!

MCR

FNG
I think what Tatortot and Warmsy said may be your problem. I am guessing that it may be your form and not the tune of the arrows as someone else stated. Questions for you.
1) Do you have another bow that you shoot and your arrows hit right where you are looking? Not to the left and not high?

I shoot left handed and when I do not have my eye over the arrow I will always shoot a little to the right. For you it will be the opposite.

You could add more point weight to see if you can weaken the arrow and see if it will go more to the right by you already have 250 up front and you don't need any more weight up front.

OP
D
Could you be aiming left? As in, your eye isn't directly over the arrow, leading you to think your point is pointing straight at the target?

This is a good possibility and will be looked into. It only makes sense that my arrow is aiming slightly left. This will of course take some practice and getting used to as it’s basically going to be a change in form for me

OP
D
Arrows too stiff for the draw weight?

Doubt it since it lined up on the spine chart and bare shafts were too weak until I cut them down then they were like darts and were looking straight back at me when they impacted the target

OP
D
I think what Tatortot and Warmsy said may be your problem. I am guessing that it may be your form and not the tune of the arrows as someone else stated. Questions for you.
1) Do you have another bow that you shoot and your arrows hit right where you are looking? Not to the left and not high?

I shoot left handed and when I do not have my eye over the arrow I will always shoot a little to the right. For you it will be the opposite.

You could add more point weight to see if you can weaken the arrow and see if it will go more to the right by you already have 250 up front and you don't need any more weight up front.

This is the only bow that I shoot. All of this does make sense as I will be attempted to look over the arrow more while tilting my head downward to see more down the shaft after drawing back to anchor. Many thanks

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
I had this problem last year and that all it was. Just had to tuck my chin to my chest a bit and it all worked itself out.

OP
D
I had this problem last year and that all it was. Just had to tuck my chin to my chest a bit and it all worked itself out.

This is the best thing I’ve heard all day lol

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
I think I’ve got it figured out. I needed to bring my head down more to look down the shaft

d506ee28f00b57525c95e1b8bf252121.jpg

Glad you got it figured out. Sometimes it's the simplest thing and we spend days pondering the most complex solutions.

OP
D
You couldn’t have said it better! Thanks for all of the help everyone

Kentucky

WKR
I glad you e got it figured out... this time... lol..
As to say there will always be some sort of hiccup develope in your shooting..

IMO, if you are bareshaft if at 12’? What’s the point?? That is 4 yards.. to read bareshafts, you need repeatable form..(which you may or may not have, idk) and you must be 20 yards away. And shoot a couple each time to make sure they match as well and it’s not form or release.

At 12’ your not giving the arrow enough time to fully react and drift left or right.. and your best to do this in a foam target to get true readings..

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
I glad you e got it figured out... this time... lol..
As to say there will always be some sort of hiccup develope in your shooting..

IMO, if you are bareshaft if at 12’? What’s the point?? That is 4 yards.. to read bareshafts, you need repeatable form..(which you may or may not have, idk) and you must be 20 yards away. And shoot a couple each time to make sure they match as well and it’s not form or release.

At 12’ your not giving the arrow enough time to fully react and drift left or right.. and your best to do this in a foam target to get true readings..
There's more than one way to skin a cat. I can tell just as much at 11 feet with a bareshaft through paper as you can at 20 yards. If your arrow hasn't come out of parallax at 11feet you've already got problems.

Kentucky

WKR
There's more than one way to skin a cat. I can tell just as much at 11 feet with a bareshaft through paper as you can at 20 yards. If your arrow hasn't come out of parallax at 11feet you've already got problems.

Was OP shooting through paper? If so I missed that part. I thought he was just hammering in shots at 12’..

Yes paper tuning one arrow at a time could get results at 6’.... but he shot a group, I doubt he did that through paper

OP
D
Was OP shooting through paper? If so I missed that part. I thought he was just hammering in shots at 12’..

Yes paper tuning one arrow at a time could get results at 6’.... but he shot a group, I doubt he did that through paper

Did not shoot through paper. Using nock orientation for reference to tuning. Many thanks

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider

Was the op having a problem with his bareshafts not grouping and was the problem solved? I think you might be more at home at the leather wall. They love arguing over nothing for hundreds of posts.

Kentucky

WKR
Not trying to argue... I hope the guy has the best tune possible, and shoots like a god for rest of his career..OP sorry for the derail.