Problems with SPYPOINT cell link

Sacpd70

FNG
I have a Verizon based cell link. I can’t get the camera to continually transfer photos regardless of signal/ cell strength....anyone else having/ had this problem?

I have a Verizon based cell link. I can’t get the camera to continually transfer photos regardless of signal/ cell strength....anyone else having/ had this problem?

I have 2 of them, both AT&T. One has been pretty flawless the other has been shitty since day 1.

It seems like the issue is getting the pictures from the camera to the microSD in my case.

My spypoint Link-Dark cam stopped working after I swapped batteries and SD card for the first time. I resolved it by doing a full format of the SD card (not quick format) and also uploading the latest firmware version onto the SD card. I'm going to try the same with my faulty cell link.

highcj5

Lil-Rokslider
I have the dark link Verizon model. Have never had an issue with it. This is the second season with it? Just bought the micro link about a month ago. Have not had any issues with that 1 either. Really like those cams. Have you reached out to SPYPOINT?

Yes i have had this issue. 90% of the time you have to take the card and put into your computer then down load new firm ware. You get that from there website.
As for 10% of the time you have to send it back. My luck with there customer service has been awful. Hrs and i mean hrs of being on hold with no one ever answering.
Then you get someone who in my past doesn’t care at all. It took 5 months to get the info to sent one camera back. I called every week. Now once i mailed it. I had a new camera a few weeks later.
I have ran cell cameras from the first one ever made. They all
Give you issues. You need customer service on all of them. Im running 4 standard spy points. 3 solar spy points, 3 micro. My first 6 months was so amazing i went all in. I wont buy any more because of how many times i have to do the firmware updates.

Now i also have 6 coverts
1 is currently working. There expensive but i really like there customer service. There quick on action and if you cant fix it ship it to them.
Lastly i have 3 bushnells. There new but struggled getting one set up. Customer service was awesome.
Bushenel
Cost more per month but quality pics are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k.cooper42

Lil-Rokslider
I have a link micro and 3 cell links. Currently only 1 of the 3 is working. The first cell link I got worked awesome, lots of pics and didn’t feel like I was missing any pictures so I bought 2 more and the link micro. Seems like ever since I did that they’ve all been crap. The trigger speed on the link micro is awful. I know I’m missing deer walking by and even some that come into range, feed them move on are being missed because I have a regular Bushnell camera with an SD card I change out getting the pictures. It’s pretty frustrating to pay the money up front for a camera then on top of that a monthly fee and not get any pictures.

I have two of the link micros with the solar panels. Both have worked great for me so far. Only weird thing I’ve experienced so is it seems every once in awhile I won’t get anything for a couple days or up to a week in one case but then they all come in at once. Could be where I have them set though, there’s spotty service in the area is the only thing I can figure. I’ve had some pictures stored on the SD card that never came through as well but would say about 95% of them are sent to my phone.

Spoonman

WKR
I had these cams and they were a pain in the ass. Switched to Tactacam Reveal and they have been great over the last 6 months that I’ve had them. Using Verizon as the service.

k.cooper42

Lil-Rokslider
I had these cams and they were a pain in the ass. Switched to Tactacam Reveal and they have been great over the last 6 months that I’ve had them. Using Verizon as the service.

I’ve been looking at the Tactacams. Do you like the interface better for viewing pics? I’m not a huge fan of the Spypoint interface.

I have 5 spypoint, 2 have been flawless 3 are absolute junk. I wish they would figure it out because the ones that work are great. I’m looking for other options but don’t have a clear direction. My buddy has 10 Spartans and he hates them

I have 5 spypoint, 2 have been flawless 3 are absolute junk. I wish they would figure it out because the ones that work are great. I’m looking for other options but don’t have a clear direction. My buddy has 10 Spartans and he hates them

Cell cams in general are finicky and I wouldn't expect them work as well as a standard cam. They'll have longer recovery periods and sometimes transmitting pictures can get in the way of taking and storing more.

We've had good luck with a small sample size of 1 ea browning defender (no glow flash) and defender pro scout (IR flash) but then again my sample size of 1 spypoint Link-dark has been good thus far as well besides needing one firmware update.

I'm just starting with ridgetec lookout cams and so far they seem good but don't have enough time to tell for sure. They typically list for $400 but have been able to find them around $300. The detection circuit isn't as fast as the brownings but the night pictures and video options are way better. I think we're going to add a handful of ridgetec and browning defenders this spring unless browning comes out with a no glow pro-scout model.

If I didn't care about visible flash or video I'd probably buy a handful of tactacams. Hard to beat that price.

Whisky

WKR

What is the gripe with the Spartans?
That is the one brand I was looking at upgrading too if I decide to go more expensive, from the SHITTY Stealth Cam Fuzions I got.
Tactacam Reveal is the other cheaper option I was looking at. I know a couple people who run those and they are ok.

I’m not sure the gripe exactly, I asked a him if he liked them he said he’ll no don’t even think about buying them. He has a ton of cameras so I just took him at his word.

I've had 3 Cell Links since July, all 3 have worked flawlessly. I've used 3 different brand cameras with no issues. They were AT&T and had good signal from my backyard in Georgia to Iowa for about 3 weeks

Fubarredz

FNG
my first microlink work perfectly for about 8 months, then after 3 months I got it warranted, bought a second one at academy took them both to the ranch and set them up, the warranted one lasted about 1 month then stopped transmitting the other one is still working. I think I’m done with these cameras. Just not sure what camera I wonna start using!

pjh360

FNG
I have had good luck with my SPYPOINT cameras, but have been a little frustrated with the cell links. Make sure you have the latest firmware. Instructions for downloading and installing are on the website. I also noticed that the sd card (the one with the wire that runs from the cell link to the camera) is thinner than a normal sd card and would sometimes slide out or not make good contact. I cut a small piece of thin cardboard to slide in behind the sd card to tighten it up.
An even bigger problem for me this past fall had nothing to do with hardware. The black bears were relentless in their efforts to destroy my cameras/cell links!

Looks like Browning will have the new Defender Ridgeline out this year. $220, their "Invisible infrared" flash, and 0.135 second trigger speed. Seems like a sweet option if you just want reliable picture taking.

The Ridgetec cams are doing well so far this winter. Awesome night pics for a no-glow cam. Great night videos. Sufficient daytime pics/vids. Trigger speed isn't quite up to browning level and the mobile app is kind of clunky but provides awesome customization options. Hard to beat if cell video or quality no-glow night time pics are important.

I think for a "no glow" reliable picture taking machine those browning ridgelines will sweet but limited by mediocre night pics that struggle with movement like all browning no glow cams (this is a guess as they aren't available yet).

The defender pro-scout models i see on sale for $160 and thats a great deal if you dont care about having red glow but the tactacams seems like a good cheaper yet option.