Processing a Deer In Hot Weather, By Ben Baker

View attachment 117987

Hey Roksliders, I would like to introduce Ben Baker. Ben is a lifelong hunter and fisherman from South Georgia. He collects deer and hogs all year long for the local food bank so he has plenty of experience butchering animals in really hot weather. In a good year he'll process 30+ animals.

If you're heading out on an early season hunt or expect possible high tempuratures this year you may benefit from Ben's experience. Take a look at his article Processing a Deer In Hot Weather.

Great Article, thanks Ben!

David CGS

FNG
View attachment 117987

Hey Roksliders, I would like to introduce Ben Baker. Ben is a lifelong hunter and fisherman from South Georgia. He collects deer and hogs all year long for the local food bank so he has plenty of experience butchering animals in really hot weather. In a good year he'll process 30+ animals.

If you're heading out on an early season hunt or expect possible high tempuratures this year you may benefit from Ben's experience. Take a look at his article Processing a Deer In Hot Weather.
Great read!

2AMedic

FNG
Nice article. My biggest a hah moment was having someone telling me to have a pre-chilled cooler for fresh ice to go into before you head out.

There is absolutely no doubt that Ben Baker is a true Southerner. He told us how to remove the front quarters in two sentences. And then took several photos and paragraphs detailing how to remove the backstraps.

Hahaha! We love our backstraps! On southern whitetails there's the backstraps and then there's the rest of the deer.

JoeRjolin

Lil-Rokslider
My son dropped this buck during youth season on a 87 deg night. Filled the cavity with bags of ice overnight and was de-boning at 6am to get in the fridge. Was thankful the meat didn't get spoiled!

Attachments

• BD2569E6-D322-4160-8CDE-2F6DDB4897F6.JPG
    BD2569E6-D322-4160-8CDE-2F6DDB4897F6.JPG
    436.2 KB · Views: 10
O
View attachment 117987

Great article. Thanks for sharing