Processing elk like these guys.

go around the shanks a few times with saran wrap and take a sawzall to it. Saran wrap helps keep the shanks tight to cut through versus the meat tearing and keeps some of the bone fragments off the meat. Unless you are looking for an excuse to buy a band saw :)

Buying one would be a stretch but I might have to snoop through grandmas garage to see if grandpa had one to donate now.. I just sawzall em when they’re frozen but it doesn’t go through like butter like that band saw!

40bd6c0edbe874245a4a40dcb2df0f4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarence

WKR
Buying one would be a stretch but I might have to snoop through grandmas garage to see if grandpa had one to donate now.. I just sawzall em when they’re frozen but it doesn’t go through like butter like that band saw!

40bd6c0edbe874245a4a40dcb2df0f4e.jpg

A little coarser blade would help. Saw you were using a metal cutting blade. That will help, but I wouldn't stop searching for that long lost bandsaw.

bstronger

FNG
I always take the tallow off. I am always giving people wild game fo the fist time and they say wow this is so good! Its all in the prep work. the cleaner the meat the better the taste. These guys make it look so easy! i wish i could move that fast through an animal

Patton

Lil-Rokslider

Do you have an issue with the paint from the blade scraping/rubbing off on the bone? I cut some elk shanks this year with a sawzall and the yellow paint being left behind was plentiful. Maybe I needed a higher quality blade.

Do you have an issue with the paint from the blade scraping/rubbing off on the bone? I cut some elk shanks this year with a sawzall and the yellow paint being left behind was plentiful. Maybe I needed a higher quality blade.

I didn’t notice that but I’ll be sure to pay closer attention next time now!