Programming an SD card

Dunndm

WKR
I’ve tried a few Sd card readers in my comp now, and none of them are letting me reformat them. My trail cameras says “trail card full”... anyone have any idea what I can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a different card, USB port and/or computer? Sounds like a bad SD card or computer hardware issue to me. Some cameras can also format the card.

I don’t think I have had to format an SD card for 10+ years in any type of device. I remember years ago having issues reading certain cards on different devices

I agree with above it sounds like a hardware issue or bad card.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I’ve tried 3 cards and 2 computers and for some reason it still isn’t letting me do anything. Watched multiple videos. It’s happening on a browning command ops btc-4

I always reformat my cards every time I put a new card in a camera. This insurers that the card is both clean and will store photos on the card correctl.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I always reformat my cards every time I put a new card in a camera. This insurers that the card is both clean and will store photos on the card correctl.

Could it be the card reader itself that I bought you think?

I have one browning camera that gives me this error when I replace a card every once in a while and I switch the card from unlock to lock and then back to unlock And then the error goes away. Maybe this will work for you.

have you tried a different memory card in the camera?

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I have one browning camera that gives me this error when I replace a card every once in a while and I switch the card from unlock to lock and then back to unlock And then the error goes away. Maybe this will work for you.

Tried 3 cards in the same camera

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
it might be a problem with the camera instead of the SD cards. This is a notorious Browning camera issue.

I’ve got an in opened camera but really wanted to sell it in package. I might have to open it and try to see what the problem is

OP, this may also be your issue. SD cards have a switch on them to lock them so they cannot be written too. But yeah, also try a different SD reader adapter.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
OP, this may also be your issue. SD cards have a switch on them to lock them so they cannot be written too. But yeah, also try a different SD reader adapter.

I did have one locked, but I just tried again with it unlocked and it still isn’t working. Going to buy another SD reader and hope that it’s the problem. If not it’s gotta be the camera

apempek

FNG
On the computer, try formatting it as FAT16 or if that doesn’t work as FAT32. Depending on age of the camera’s interface the card may be too big.

Gocougs

FNG
right click the sdc in your file folder when in your computer and reformat the card it should work after that.

I recently had this problem as well. Put the cards in my camera first to format and then in computer to format and they would not format. Tried ten other cards and they would all format just fine. I just threw out the three bad cards and bought new and everything has been working fine in the same trail Camera - could just be that three of your cards went bad...