promaster with outdoorsmans question

dunns7

FNG
Hello folks,

I'm biting the bullet and going to go with the promaster xc525c and the micro pan head from outdoorsmans to support my swaro sts 65. What I am wondering is, do I need any special adapters to secure the pan head to the tripod?

I have on order from outdoorsmans the micro pan head, window mount, 1/4-20 adapter and quick release adapter so I can interchange between the tripod and window mount. Am I missing anything?

Thanks
Jeremy

mcseal2

WKR
Don't think so. I have the same set-up on my Promaster and it works fine. I have the regular pan head instead of micro, but the rest is the same.

Maybe an adapter for your binos you they can use the same tripod?

Camofreak

FNG
Get the bino adapter too, so everything changes out.

Youre all set, dont need anything special to set it up.

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
This is the exact set up I am looking at going to. I need to get a new tripod and pan head before my October elk hunt and think I am set on the Promaster xc525c with an Outdoorsmans head. Torn between the Micro or regular pan head though. I'd be interested to hear how you like the Micro. Love that it saves a few ounces and a few $ but from what I'm used to, drawn to the regular pan head's adjustments and longer handle.

mcseal2

WKR
I bought the micro, returned it and got a second regular pan head. I just don't like the friction vertical adjustment as well as the smoother one on the regular pan head. The longer handle is nice too. Part of my reasoning was now my window mount and both my tripods have pan heads so the adjustments are the same on everything. I have one head that goes between the window mount and Promaster, the other I leave on the Outdoorsmans compact medium tripod I use most often.

Camofreak

FNG
I have the micro on a slik 634cf, great little setup, i use it for packing in, i just recently won an outdoorsmans tall tripod and regular pan head and so far just playing with it i really like the regular pan head.

I have both micro and standard pan heads but haven't used either much. The standard Pan head seems to be significantly more user friendly. If I were to spend hours behind glass a day I'd use the standard for sure. I'm going to pair the micro with a stripped down sirui t 0025x for ultralight minimal use and the standard on a promaster 525c for the meopta S2 or when I know I will be glassing a lot.