Promaster XC525C or Siruri ET-2204??

peckb33

FNG
Planning on upgrading my Tripod and optics set up for glassing. Planning on purchasing Swaros EL 12x50s w/ outdoorsman stud & adapter. Also looking into various 80mm spotting scopes with plans for upgrade to the ATX/BTX system in the next year or so, currently leaning towards either used ATS or Zeiss Gavia. Any input on glass greatly appreciated.

Currently thinking about running either Promaster XC525C or Siruri ET-2204 carbon fiber tripod and using a Siruri VA-5 head. Want a lightweight, but sturdy set-up (not much of an ounce counter). I haven’t used the twist locks before and somewhat concerned about the durability and stability. Thoughts on which route to go on the tripod?

I am also looking at running the Siruri VA-5 on the Outdoorsmans window mount by using a 1/4” -20 adapter plate & 3/8” to 1/4” thread adapter. Any experience with this set up?

The Promaster has been replaced with the XC-M525C. Stronger built. Anything that was plastic is no metal. Folds up small and is very light and very durable. The twist legs have been overhauled and are some of the best in the industry. We give you a 5 year no fault warranty. The Sirui is a fine tripod, but I feel the Promaster is a better value and it has a no fault warranty.
The VA5 is a great head.
Of course on any tripod product, mention Rokslide and we will do the best we can for you

I got the XC525C from Cameralandny and I like the legs but the head is subpar compared to my Sirui. Overall I’m happy with it but I’ll probably swap heads with my Sirui for backcountry use.