Prong Horn recipies

kota

FNG
Antelope is my family’s favorite, so we don’t grind any of it. It all goes on the grill, and gets cooked hot, fast and rare. With that in mind I would try burgers on the grill. Cook to med rare and make thin patties so you don’t have to cook them very long. I wouldn’t be above adding a little pat of butter on the patties as you cook them either.

If you need another idea, we like “tamale” pie. Think mexican flavored Shepard’s pie, but covered in corn bread. Won’t taste like antelope but will be good! 9x13 pan. Brown it, mix with I can/jar each of enchilada sauce and salsa, add canned beans and frozen corn, cover with a layer of cheese, and then a layer of corn bread batter. Bake until the cornbread is done.

BobDog

FNG
Taco soup is good: 1-1.5lbs of burger, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can rotel tomatoes, 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can corn, 1 packet taco seasoning, 1 packet of ranch dressing mix. but you can’t go wrong with some pure pronghorn burgers either
Ooo definitely trying this

hdk82

FNG
Salt, pepper, and OO is hard to beat. Cook medium rare. Certainly one of the best eating pieces of game meat!

Laramie

WKR
I've got a bunch of ground pronghorn. Any recipes,100% pronghorn no blend
If it was cared for in the field properly and trimmed properly, you can use it for many dishes that you could use beef in. If the fat and connective tissues weren't trimmed properly and ground in, it will likely have some game taste to it. If that's the case, best use is dishes like chili, tacos, helper, etc. It also makes a great Italian sausage - just mix the ground with 20% pork fat and add Italian Sausage seasoning blend. This is excellent in lasagna and spaghetti. Substitute breakfast sausage seasoning for the Italian and it make a great breakfast sausage as well.

Antelope is fantastic meat IF it is properly cared for in the field (clean and get meat cold immediately) and then trimmed very well. Reverse seared antelope backstrap is actually my families favorite wild dish.

Laramie

WKR
Any tips on making antelope jerky? Just slice thin and throw in a dehydrator? I'm new to making my own jerky.
No wrong way to do it - just have to find what seasonings you prefer. My favorite is pineapple habanero- no salt added. Several recipes online - experiment till you find what you like.

JM57

FNG
The best recipe is getting the meat cooled as quick as possible. Then cook it hot or slow it won't disappoint.