Pronghorn and elk rifle hunting basic set up

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I called sitka and asked. They advised me jetstream jacket and mountain pants. Also advised some sort of rain shell. Is this a decent basic set up? Goin next year (remote possibility of this year) but want to start specking out some gear now. I have some first lite stuff, Corrugate guide pants, furnace base layers and some mid layers, solitude bibs and jacket. Also have kuiu attack pants in verde. what would you do? I dont live out there (Alabama) so I mainly whitetail stand hunt so these pieces would either be a limited use or somehow needed to be incorporated into my current lineup to be truly useful. I dont mind buying if Ill need them and i think at least the jetstream jacket i need.

rj2

WKR
so many gear lists out there, start looking what other people have taken.

figure for top and bottom you want base layer, active layer, insulation layer, rain gear. a lot of the gear you can find budget items that you can use throughout the year like wrangler/eddie bauer pants, marmot precip rain gear, black ovis base layers, etc.

Jimss

WKR
A lot depends upon the timing and location of antelope and elk hunts. It can be 100 degrees in NV during antelope season and -20 in Wyo during late elk seasons. It's nice having a bunch of different layers to choose from.