Pronghorn Hunting in Wyoming

Yarbs003

Lil-Rokslider
Look into Wyoming’s Access Yes program as well. Pretty cool system they have going. WFG has a interactive map with each HMAs boundary and rules/regs. It may help you make your decision later on. Wyoming antelope is incredible, enjoy!

BuckWild

FNG
Great thread. I have a hunt planned in Wyoming for next season so there is good information in here that I have been looking for.

Cac2662

FNG
Hello , I am a newbie to Rokslide. I have read some interesting post about Wyoming antelope hunts and while my friends and I have hunted Colorado, New Mexico for elk we wanted to try Wyoming and antelope hunting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It was suggested to try units 25 and 9 for for applying since we have 0 PP. I have looked into those units but would like some advice.

Thanks
I’d look into areas with plenty of public ground. 0 pp
Won’t get you into a trophy area. I’ve hunted area 22,23 Near Buffalo with plenty of success

If your wanting a fantastic hunt draw points for a couple yrs. I hunt with a group of buddies we all put in for points for the off years when we don’t have a big hunt planned and I will have to say last years WY antelope hunt was so much fun between all three of us tagging out and phenomenal fishing I can’t wait to go back but it did take us 3 yrs to draw a unit that wasn’t over crowded.
057b0bc36fb07a2df016cebc151d82ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you apply this year you should sign your wife up and buy her a preference point as well. Do that for a couple years then add her to your hunt party and use her points to get the unit you want. I've hunted a couple units in the southern part of the state (was also driving from CO) and have been very successful in WY.

wytx

WKR
Tyler is a good guy but you do not need an outfitter for an antelope hunt.
You can find a waterhole or fence crossing, dig a pit blind in the sage and hunt the same day if you want to, pop up blinds take a few days for the animals to get used to it.

wytx

WKR
Sorry, wasn't inferring that. Like I said he's a good guy, I know where he hunts.
Just saying you don't need an outfitter or months before the season to set up a blind and hunt from it.
On private ground where you can do that it is the right way to set your blinds, semi permanent so the animals get used to them. If you're just coming out to antelope hunt you can dig a pit blind or make a brush type blind and hunt from it that day or later if you camo it well. Hunting a guzzler works well too.

I live in Laramie and Tyler's outfit is one he bought from a guy we know quite well, not saying anything bad about him, he has good ground and takes nice animals. He also has cabins for rent during the hunting season for hunters not booked with him, don't know many outfitters that do that.
Just saying you don't need an outfitter to hunt from a blind in Wyoming and be successful.