Pronghorn on the brain for 2019, zero points..anywhere

Crowmag14

FNG
Do a little research in Wyoming. This last fall my hunting partner and I drew buck pronghorn tags with zero points. We each also bought 2 doe tags each because they were only $34. We tagged out 6 antelope in 4 hours on public land, marked difficult public access in Wyoming’s guide book. The hunts are out there if you look hard enough.
What resources were you using to find those areas? GoHunt?

What resources were you using to find those areas? GoHunt?
This was before my discovery of gohunt. I would print off the entire Wyoming draw and see where I could draw tags at zero points. Then research the area I found. Just to give you a bit of help. I found a zero point unit and used number of tags available to make my choice. And then... I found GoHunt and didn’t feel like the rain man of tag draws anymore.

Rich M

WKR
Everything go hunt has is available online. They just package it very nicely for folks who don't want to do the work.

jmav58

WKR
Yup, I've done that hunt actually. Trying to expand my horizons in terms of states, but they very well may be the best option.
Did you take an antelope in Western KS? I'd say go back to KS if you can get a tag since you already know the ground and Zap got phone numbers for you. I understand expanding horizons but I think KS would serve you well.

tommy1005

FNG
there are areas in Colorado with OTC archery goat tags. I shot a 70" goat a couple years ago on private land with the bow. The guys I hunt with have gone back a couple of times, and I think overall we've taken 4 70" goats and a 76", which is right at a 50% success rate for our group. It's a tough hunt with a bow, especially during wet years.

Ranger185

FNG
Do a little research in Wyoming. This last fall my hunting partner and I drew buck pronghorn tags with zero points. We each also bought 2 doe tags each because they were only $34. We tagged out 6 antelope in 4 hours on public land, marked difficult public access in Wyoming’s guide book. The hunts are out there if you look hard enough.

I know the WY draw is over, do they have OTC tags for pronghorn?

Unit 82 has been good to us in WY. Some nice country along with some ranches that are easily accessible by road. Even with the easy access, hunting pressure during the week was next to none. All four of us filled our tags with decent bucks in less than 2 days. PM me if you need more info.

swampokie

WKR
Like the title says, I've recently become obsessed with the idea of chasing a speed goat in 2019. I relocated to Dallas from Kansas a week ago, and am thinking New Mexico is my best shot in order to maximize time off from work. According to GoHunt, there's not a single unit in the state that gives me a 50% or better odds of drawing, and the lower draw percentages present roughly 10% public land. Anybody have any advice or leads on a either a different state, or a trespass fee hunt, etc.?
I think 10% draw odds for new mexico would be on the extremely high side. Probly more like 2% for non rez

Cc1

FNG
Another vote for Wyoming. Outfitter or daily ranch fee will get you good access. The state is loaded with goats.

kulpak02

FNG
I'm not the only one hete to suggest this but doe/fawn hunts are great hunts for meat. I have been going to WY and doing just that while I build points.