Proof barrel not perfectly centered.

I have a proof elevation rifle and my barrel is slightly off center. It’s free floated and I think it’s only effecting the looks of the rifle but I’m wondering if this could be an issue ? I’m not sure how to post pictures on here

ID_Matt

WKR
How did you decide the barrel is off center? If judging by how close it is to touching the stock fore end, I would bet that it is the stock that is not straight. Easy fix. Shouldn't be an issue.

OP
Joshuajosh
How did you decide the barrel is off center? If judging by how close it is to touching the stock fore end, I would bet that it is the stock that is not straight. Easy fix. Shouldn't be an issue.
It has a bigger channel on the right side than the left

OP
Joshuajosh
Its more than likely the stock and not the barrel... once you get the scope shoot the gun and if it shoots good who cares.
I’m 99.9% sure it’s the stock as the whole barrel channel is not very uniform but I’m sure it will shoot well

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I have a proof elevation rifle and my barrel is slightly off center. It’s free floated and I think it’s only effecting the looks of the rifle but I’m wondering if this could be an issue ? I’m not sure how to post pictures on here

Have you asked proof and seen what they had to say. Seems suspect. I would call them

^ I lol'd hard thinking about a "qualified gunsmith" actually giving a second opinion but i'm starting to feel a little guilty for internet picking on this kid. (I think he said he was 18?)

OP, I zoomed in and squinted at your pics pretty hard. I'm failing to see anything of concern. I wouldn't worry about a barrel channel gap not being absolutely perfect, it's really just aesthetics as long as it doesn't make contact with the barrel. There are getting to be more options now where they don't have a barrel channel at all anymore because it's a PITA to make it perfect and deal with a variety of contours. See manners LRH or greyboe pheonix and trekker for examples.